Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

mini wah pedal...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I should have been more specific as to wanting your recommendations rather than asking if they exist, so as to avoid having to put any douches on my ignore list. Hell, it was damn near 3 am though.

I like that Chi Wah Wah's size, but yeah, used the wah parked myself a lot. In particular, we do a couple UFO tunes that I park it on. The Japanese Girl wah looks to be about perfect though. Anyone have any practical experience with it?

Thanks again for the positive responses.

I think with the parked wah sound you're going to have to keep full sized, but the ibanez is a smaller, yet still very usable wah. Do you just not have the space on the board? I hate how much room my EB volume takes up, but it makes up for it many times throughout any gigs I play, and also with reliability.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/caveinanalogeffects" target="_blank">www.facebook.com/caveinanalogeffects</a><br />
    <br />
    <b>Guitars:</b>Peavey hp exp, Squier 51 (gfs liverpool in bridge Brass bottom in neck), Squier jazzmaster<br />
    <b>Amps:</b> Traynor yba-1 modded for KT88, silverface fender bandmaster reverb, Silvertone 1474, 2x12 (WGS g12c), 2x12 (WGS vet30/reaper hp)<br />
    <b>Pedals:</b>Eb volume/pan--&gt;tu2--&gt;skreddy screwdriver--&gt;timmy--&gt;Fuzzfactory/sho--&gt;hm fuzz v3--&gt; dd20--&gt; moog phaser--&gt;cathedral--&gt;rc20xl</div>

Comment

Did u look at google results?

I did

morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely morely ...

Comment

The main disadvantage of this one is the inability to use it as a fixed filter - parked and locked wah is way too important to me, but probably not to everyone. Still, it's a very useful tool.

That's what I keep on my board as my main wah. If I want parked Q I go with a Clyde.

Comment

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=miniature+wah+pedal

quit being a dick bro. youre seriously the worst canadian i've ever seen
          YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ Oᶰᶜᵉ<br><blockquote><hr>Robopimp wrote:<br>Chat crüe is srs crüe<hr></blockquote><br>For Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3<br><br>Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

I think with the parked wah sound you're going to have to keep full sized, but the ibanez is a smaller, yet still very usable wah. Do you just not have the space on the board? I hate how much room my EB volume takes up, but it makes up for it many times throughout any gigs I play, and also with reliability.

If you have the cash you can always get a Keeley Nova Wah or some other parked wah pedal. I use it with my Wah Probe and love it.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">... puppets jerking on their strings ...</div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Prehistoricpain
              View Post

I really am trying to downsize my current board. Right now it has a 3 space rack, as well as 6 pretty standard sized pedals, a digitech control 7 and a wah. It weighs a ton and is both long and tall.

If you have the cash you can always get a Keeley Nova Wah or some other parked wah pedal. I use it with my Wah Probe and love it.

this gave me an epiphany though, I could rehouse one of my junk dunlop wahs in a standard pedal box (have a couple), basically making it a parked wah without the treadle.

Makes the Chi Wah Wah much more of a viable alternative, Thanks again you guys!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by macadood
                View Post

quit being a dick bro. youre seriously the worst canadian i've ever seen

QFT
                YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ Oᶰᶜᵉ<br><blockquote><hr>Robopimp wrote:<br>Chat crüe is srs crüe<hr></blockquote><br>For Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3<br><br>Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

prepain > subs

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Urinate Forever
                    View Post

prepain > subs

I loves me some ash.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/caveinanalogeffects" target="_blank">www.facebook.com/caveinanalogeffects</a><br />
                    <br />
                    <b>Guitars:</b>Peavey hp exp, Squier 51 (gfs liverpool in bridge Brass bottom in neck), Squier jazzmaster<br />
                    <b>Amps:</b> Traynor yba-1 modded for KT88, silverface fender bandmaster reverb, Silvertone 1474, 2x12 (WGS g12c), 2x12 (WGS vet30/reaper hp)<br />
                    <b>Pedals:</b>Eb volume/pan--&gt;tu2--&gt;skreddy screwdriver--&gt;timmy--&gt;Fuzzfactory/sho--&gt;hm fuzz v3--&gt; dd20--&gt; moog phaser--&gt;cathedral--&gt;rc20xl</div>

Comment

I have the AMT wah and been using it with surprisingly fantastic results the last two months, including at sessions and jams. It loves having some dirt with it (amp or pedal) and is very comfortable and easy to activate. Highly recommend it.
                      <a target="_blank" href="http://www.chrisbedward.com">www.ChrisBedward.com</a><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/ChrisBedwardmusic">Youtube</a>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NewRiggins
                        View Post

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I should have been more specific as to wanting your recommendations rather than asking if they exist, so as to avoid having to put any douches on my ignore list. Hell, it was damn near 3 am though.

I like that Chi Wah Wah's size, but yeah, used the wah parked myself a lot. In particular, we do a couple UFO tunes that I park it on. The Japanese Girl wah looks to be about perfect though. Anyone have any practical experience with it?

Thanks again for the positive responses.

I owned it for awhile. Nice sounding wah. Versatile. I ended up deciding I like the sound of the Ernie Ball more... it's a bit more subtle and better with dirt.

As far as parked tones go, it can do them just fine, but the tiny treadle does make it a little tricky. When you find the sweet spot, you almost always move it a little when taking your foot off.

It's a great little pedal though.
                        Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.<br><br><div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br><br><br><br><a href="http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab230/notjonahbutnoah/gear/DSCN1552.jpg" target="_blank">Charvel So Cals</a> <a href="http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab230/notjonahbutnoah/Guitars2012labeledsmaller.png" target="_blank">More Guitars</a> <a href="http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab230/notjonahbutnoah/2012-09-14_21-28-57_684-1.jpg" target="_blank">Amp</a> <a href="http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab230/notjonahbutnoah/DSCF1480.jpg" target="_blank">Pedals</a><br><br><br><br><a href="http://www.theinvoluntarys.com" target="_blank"><u>My Band Site w/ Player</u></a><br><br></font></div>

Comment

A micro wah plus a something like a Dunlop Q Zone (or similar) would probably be a pretty cool setup. It would take almost as much space as a full-sized wah though... although you'd be able to spread it out differently since it's two small pedals instead of one big one. And you could leave the Q Zone set to a resonant frequency ala Mick Ronson or Michael Schenker and still wah over that if you wanted to... or quickly switch the fixed filter in and out without having to lose your settings, and while still being able to, as riff ie so eloquently put it, "get your pac man on" whenever you need to.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I do like the looks of the japanese girl. The Micro wah is kinda cool, but not much cheaper than the AMT.

Q zone looks interesting period, gonna have to keep my eye out for one. That and a J girl would be a killer combo too.

Comment

Qzone is getting harder to find these days but I want one too.

Comment

just checked out some vids of the wah probe, think I might deal with what I have a bit longer and save up a little more cash for one. Man, the things you can do with them by not being limited by a rocker pedal. just looks damn fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X