Best burgers

BHz_econo

• Members

So the best part of the other thread was the burger talk.

I was completely surprised with the smokehouse burger at Cheesecake Factory. They actually cooked it medium and it was sooooo good.

Most burger joints have been a big let down lately... Red Robin, 5 guys, etc.

Tell me some great chain burgers to try.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by blueboxer View Post
This 50's style burger joint in Merrimac, MA has classic car shows all the time and the burgers are awesome. Skip's Snack Bar. They're the thin type and they serve "suzie Q fries" which are the curly shoestring variety. Found a pic online.
yum.jpg
Hmmm that's too close to flat bread, for me. But I'll have to try to check it out.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by blueboxer View Post
This 50's style burger joint in Merrimac, MA has classic car shows all the time and the burgers are awesome. Skip's Snack Bar. They're the thin type and they serve "suzie Q fries" which are the curly shoestring variety. Found a pic online.
yum.jpg
Hmmm that's too close to flat bread, for me. But I'll have to try to check it out.

• Members

California chain so far, but I think there may be one in NYC-- Umami Burger. Outrageously delicious {censored}ing burgers. Much of it strays into foodie-land-- heavy use of truffles in their oil and cheese and some other unorthodox stuff (Korean galbi burger, etc), but all of it is flat-out amazing. Hit it if you can.

• Members

I like most hamburgers, from the Whopper Jr to your local BEST BURGERS EVAR!!!!11!! mom & pop's.

For chains, yeah, Culver's is good. 5 guys won't blow your mind, but they are tasty. It's one of those things where it kinda depends on the cook that day. Maybe they know what they're doing or they don't. idn_smilie.gif

My favorite local place for burgers is my buddies bar, The Sinking Ship. They have several topping configurations for their standard patties, then there's a build your own section where you can add stuff like blue chese crumbles and fried eggs. They also have stuffed burgers. One is bacon/blue, one is jalepeno cheddar, then with another they grind up corned beef and put kraut/cheese/1000 island inside. Rueben burger. It's really good. With another they grind up chicken breast and put in ham/cheese for a cordon bleu burger.

This thread came on the perfect day because Monday they're all half priced, so I can get a 1/2 lb stuffed one w/ fries (which they make fresh from potatoes there) for $6. I already was planning to go, but this thread made me look forward to it just a little bit more.

• Members

As far as chains go, I like Whataburger a lot. I also like a quarter pounder with cheese from McDonalds. Checkers makes some great burgers too. There is a place around here called Tops that makes awesome burgers too, though they're VERY greasy. I haven't seen another Tops anywhere.

• Members

Ottawa: Hintonburger
They have recently gone downhill though... mainly the fries. Order a Hintonburger with the works.

Downtown Toronto: Dangerous Dan's They're a good dirty burger. I normally get the "Cowboy Burger" which isn't on the website, it has jack cheese and baked beans.

I do enjoy Five Guy's quite a bit. Again, I just get the works on it. Choosing my own toppings always makes them taste like crap. All my friends who havent enjoyed Five guys have tried to put on their own toppings, and I'm always just like maaan, get the works and be done.

• Members

We've gone this far and nobody has uttered in-n-out? wow...

Not to say that it's the best, I'm more a fan of restaurant style burgers, but they are pretty damn good. Here in Nashville we have two or three pretty damn amazing burger joints, Burger Up is the first, I haven't been in a while because I felt like with their rise popularity their quality fell, but from what I hear it's back up there again. The Pharmacy and Gabbi's are the other two, all of these are local beef/bread/cheese places that kick all kinds of ass and know how to cook a burger. To be honest though? The mini-burgers at the speakeasy bar that I work at are my favorite, Waygu short rib ground daily and cooked no more than medium with thick cut Benton's bacon, local smoked Cheddar, locally sourced potato buns that are brought in daily and house made aioli. And when they're in season we throw some heirloom tomato on there too... love.gif

• Members
Burghers-3950.jpg?resize=600%2C450

Burgh'ers, my favorite Burger joint. Great fries, awesome all organic burgers made with many fresh local ingredients.

My favorites are the Polish Hill (pierogie,caramelized onions, cheddar), the Morning Side (egg, bacon, american cheese), and the Animal (cream cheese, tomato, jalapenos, basil, onion).

Archived