READ THE RULES OR GET BANNED - Weekly spam thread 12-4-12

Phil O'Keefe

Welcome to the spam thread. wave.gif

Please read this first BEFORE posting! FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE RULES WILL RESULT IN A TEMP BAN. cop.gif

The Rules:

I'll try to close the previous week's spam thread sometime each Sunday evening / early Monday morning. At that time, the previous week's spam thread will be unstuck and locked. Everyone will be able to still read it as it drops off page one, but it won't be "bump-able".

One post per person, per weekly spam thread.

If the details have changed - for example, a item or two on your list has sold, you've lowered your asking price, or you no longer are looking for a new XYZ Toobyeller cheep - EDIT your original post.

ANY and all exceptions to the one post, per person per weekly spam thread rule need to be approved by me PRIOR to the second post.

This thread is for "want to buy", "want to sell" and "want to trade" posts ONLY. If you have a question about an item that's listed, please contact the seller via PM or email - don't ask questions in the thread.

New pedal announcements from builders go in here too. The "one per week" rule applies. No discussion or questions about announcements in here. If someone unaffiliated with the builder wants to start a separate thread asking about it, that's fine, and the builder can respond - but we're getting way too many builder started "announcement" threads lately, so we're going to try this for a while instead.

If you have questions regarding a certain pedal brand / type, or its suitability for various purposes / tasks, please do a search or start a new thread for that discussion.

If a seller is asking too much (in your opinion), don't slam them for it in the thread. Yes, it might be helpful to some buyers, but OTOH, buyers should take the time to research anything they're considering buying...

HC does not have any involvement in sales between private parties, or members and builders, and this ongoing weekly thread is posted as a public service - as always, caveat emptor et venditor!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These guys have been sitting for too long, so I'm trying to turn them into something cooler. Certainly wouldn't mind 2 (or more) for 1 deals for nicer pedals. Cash offers are also cool. Here's what I'm interested in:

-Compressors
-POG or MiniPOG
-Reverbs (digital or analog)
-Volume pedals (especially VP Jr, Visual Sound, or AMT)
-Analog delay
-Pedaltrain boards
-Anything unique and/or cool

Alright, so here are the boys- most of them still work perfectly; they've just worked their way off my board for one reason or another:
IMAG0488.jpg
Clockwise starting at the left:

-Ernie Ball VP. Works fine, but has a bit of a scratchy pot. Not a problem for "set and forget" applications, but problematic for swells. Would like something better or smaller.

-EHX Holy Grail. Kills me to bump this pedal, but it's just too big for my board. It's got a really nice sound, but if it doesn't fit, it just doesn't get played. I've got my M9 to cover most of the reverbs I could possibly want, but still... I might be interested in a Nano Holy Grail or the like.

-1976(?) MXR Phase 45. Somebody painted it silver, but you can still see the graphics underneath the paint. I love this pedal, but I would need to do serious modding to make it functional on the board. No LED, no power jack. But MAN, the subtle phase is killer.

-Original grey Jekyll & Hyde. Awesome pedal, but I bought the V2 (which is actually the third version), so this needs to go. Had some problems with the stomp switch, but sent it in to Visual Sound and got a clean bill of health.

-Boss NS-2. Works well. Now that I'm running more gain on my board, this may find its way back onto my board, but for now, it's on the chopping block.

-EHX Micro Q-Tron. Really cool envelope filter. I used to do more of that with my previous project, but I don't do a lot with it these days. In fact, I just pulled it off of my board to take the picture.

-Rogue EQ. I bought this one, then found a Boss one in a pawn shop, so I bought that too. Surprisingly, the Rogue sounds cleaner and better than the Boss. I sold the Boss years ago, and held onto this as my "off board" EQ (for bass or acoustic gigs). These days I'm just not gigging as much, so this is up as trade bait.

-EHX Soul Preacher. What can I say? I shopped all around, tried the regular Boss, EHX, etc compressors, and ultimately bought the Soul Preacher. Then I changed amps and guitars, and all of a sudden the SP didn't give me the tone I wanted. So I'm shopping again.

-DOD FX55b Supra Distortion. My first pedal purchase. Very aggressive. This one has the boost on the gain knob, and the boost section really pushes this pedal into grainy high gain goodness.

-Rocktek Super Delay. Got this in a trade, but don't have any use for it. It's a shorter delay (probably not more than 500 ms), and some sources say that it's analog, but I can't confirm that.

• Members
Redbear MK60 - still has the original russian preamp and power amp tubes. I also have 5 new spare for the preamp. There is a crack in the plexiglass right next to the power switch. It is only cosmetic and doesn't hurt the function of the amp. Want a JCM800 and a Bassman but can only get one? Get this and have both. $450 shipped

2012-10-06_16-26-44_636.jpg

2012-10-06_16-27-11_194.jpg

DR Scientist The Elements - It sounds great but I'm not in an active band currently so I'm clearing out some stuff so I can get some home recording upgrades. This has no velcro and is about as mint as it can get. Serial #8. $175 shipped or trade for a tremolo (or maybe towards a Pog2) that works in my Soldano's effects loop. Comes with box and instructions.

2012-12-05_08-24-33_459.jpg

Boss GX-700 and Roland GFC-50 - GFC not pictured. Can take some if you want. GX-700 comes with power supply. Input on rear of preamp doesn't work. Was like that when I bought it, I've used the front input with no problems. I've got a MIDI cable for the footswitch. Will split up if you want. Make offer.

Rocktron Velocity 250 - 250 watt poweramp that is very tube like. Can power up to 4 cabs at once. $235 shipped.

100_0493.jpg

Tap Tempo - $17 shipped or free with any other pedal. Just let me know you want it.

2012-07-29_16-26-49_769.jpg

I run a small label / distro and just put this compilation out featuring 16 tracks of doom, grind, and ambient noise. Some forumite's bands are on here as well. Full color, shrink wrapped, and pro pressed. 100 copies.

IMG_0173.jpg

My band Grievances just did a split with Quiet Hands (poundcaketoredvelvet's band). 66 copies on a 3" mini cd with full color booklet inside a cd sized dvd case. 7 tracks: 3 from my band and 4 from Quiet Hands. $6 shipped for both the split and the compilation.

2012-06-06_07-31-02_931.jpg

You can stream both here: www.divinemotherrecordings.bandcamp.com

• Members

Up for trades is my Marshall 1987x plexi head. This is the one with the switchable effects loop (can be taken completely out of the circuit). Coupla small scuffs on the tolex but all in all really great shape. It has been professionally modded with a Master Volume so you can get that plexi grunt and grind even in your basement ;D Comes with power cord, patch cable for jumping channels, and a new set of matched EHX El34's that the amp has been biased for.

1987x1.jpg

1987x2.jpg

I'm mainly looking for a combo or a JMP head. Open to all suggestions. Marshall, Dr. Z, Morgan, 65Amps, Vox etc. Something with a little grind to it would be nice but not completely necessary. I do have $ to add for the right setup. I might also be interested in a nice AVRI or MIJ Tele, Jaguar, or Jazzmaster.

• Members
8235722375_44b00b52d6_z.jpg
Up for sale:
All prices are shipped & paypal'd

EHX 16-Second Digital Delay comes with box, printouts of the manual, and the power supply. It's not modded. I'm selling this with a HOG footswitch, with the appropriate control descriptions labeled in my own personal chicken scratch (easily removable). I have the box for the footswitch, and sorry, I'm not selling it separately. $400

Pigtronix Philosopher's Tone. Comes with power supply and papers. $100

Morley PWV wah / volume pedal. sold!

EHX Freeze comes with box, papers, power supply. $85

• Members

PayPal'd/CONUS shipping included. Only trade I'm looking for is an Ibanez DE7.

IMG_1428.jpg
DSCN2796.jpg

Catalinbread Naga Viper, $125 - Excellent condition with box, sounds amazing through British style amps.

Black Arts Toneworks Black Forest, $115 - Mint condition with box, used a few times and simply doesn't work with my set-up. Really versatile, nonetheless.

Dunlop Rotovibe JH-4S, $105 - Some nicks, works perfectly. Treadle stays in parked position (heel back). Comes with box.

Ibanez AD9, $95 - Nicks and dings, classic analog delay, no box.

Boss BF-2, $45 - Excellent condition, no box.

Ibanez LF7, $45 - Excellent condition, comes with box. Very cool AM radio sounding pedal.

• Members

I'm looking for: mics (audix i5, e609, e906, shure sm7b, rode NT1-A/NTK/NT2, other recording mics), Baron Amps, EVH 5150 III mini or 100w, Pedaltrain I/JR boards, preamps (daking mic pre one, ua 610 solo, p-solo, ISA-1)

FS/FT (prefer trade + cash from you on trade deals, need to add a little cash to the coffers, does not included pp or shipping unless otherwise noted):

Kafel S150: near mint/mint, comes with original footswitch and slipcover, awesome vintage Marshall tones, massive in house hand wound transformers $700 shipped pp gift - huge price drop, need this gone
Laney TT50H: near mint/mint, comes with original footswitch, 3 channels, reverb. $650 shipped pp gift
Laney VC50 2X12: excellent condition, footswitch, stock, 50 watt version of the flagship VH100R. $600 shipped pp gift or $500 local to MN/WI
Mesa 2X12: excellent condition, still has hang tag, handmade V30 clones, wired for 4 ohms. $400 local to MN/WI

USA US Masters Blackhawk (explorer): near mint/mint, hand made in Madison, WI, single bridge HB (SD JB), awesome player and made by the owner as a personal guitar. $800 shipped pp gift
USA Jackson KE2: has a pro body/neck repair that is solid and can't be felt while playing, awesome tone and looks good (hard to tell it's been broken, has a beat up case. $700 shipped pp gift
Danny Hines Telemaster: near mint/mint, light relic, nitro, swamp ash body, soft v maple neck, klein pickups (fatman bridge, limited neck). $1050 shipped pp gift
Washburn RX50: near mint/mint, stock. $200 shipped pp gift

Humphrey Audio Badder Monkey: near mint/mint, comes with original box. $60 shipped pp gift
vintage 70's Ross Phaser: excellent condition despite age, orange box. $100 shipped pp gift
BBE Sonic Stomp: near mint/mint, comes with original box. $60 shipped pp gift

Rio Grandes HB set: original no name ones, came out of a Motorave guitar I got on the forum, 2 conductor braided wiring, lots of lead left, creme, neck 7.89/bridge 8.4. $110 shipped pp gift TRADE PENDING
US Masters V2 bridge HB: came out of a USA made US Masters Blackhawk, chrome, 2 conductor braided wiring. $25 shipped pp gift

Full band IEM setup: 1 Audio Technica M2 M-band transmitter, 4 M2R bodypacks, 4 pairs of EP3 earbuds, 1 metal carrying case. $1,200 + pp/insurance/shipping. A quality IEM system for around $300 a person. No trades on this as it's not all my gear and we're looking to upgrade.

Jamhub Bedroom: excellent condition, used for about 6 months, comes with everything a new one comes with, everything besides the actual unit and power supply have been used, all other things are still new/never used. $225 shipped/ppl'd CONUS

BYOC Chorus SOLD
RS Guitarworks Modern Strat wiring upgrade kit new/uninstalled SOLD
RS Guitarworks caps (0.022 uf and 0.015 uf) SOLD
Ibanez AD9 analog delay TRADED
Shure SM58's SOLD
OSP ATA Mic Case SOLD

I have pics of all, please inquire for details.

• Members
Akai Headrush E1 - $80 shipped/paypal'd

- In great functional and cosmetic shape. The only issue is that the "Digital" Delay mode doesn't function, it simply defaults to "Looper" mode. However, the "Tape Echo" and "Looper" modes both work flawlessly and sound excellent.

AkaiHeadrushE1Enhanced.jpg

EHX HOG Foot Controller - $100 shipped/paypal'd

- In excellent cosmetic and perfect functional shape, comes with box.

EHXHOGFootControllerEnhanced.jpg

• Members

Damage Control Liquid Blues - near mint, with box and power supply - $175 shipped

EBS MultiComp - functions perfectly, but has cosmetic wear to the graphics - $90 shipped

Morley JD-10 - Like new, AMAZING overdrive tones....so good, but can do heavy as well - $85 shipped

VFE Distortion 3 - like new - $115 shipped

Arc Effects Russian Muff clone - $70 Shipped

link to pics: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...cts-amp-VFE***

• Members

I have an MBox 2 mini recording interface that I'm looking to sell. I have had it for about 2 years or so and bought it brand new. Always kept very good care of it, just looking to upgrade my recording equipment. PERFECT for someone looking to start making their own recordings.

Comes with Pro Tools 8 le, third party software, un-used warranty card, all of the proper documentation, cables etc... Has everything you need to get started immediately. Make an offer.. trade or cash!

Any questions, feel free to ask! Thanks!

For more info:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...gn-mbox-2-mini

20120625183827.jpg20120625183203.jpg20120625183242.jpg

• Members

*SALE PENDING*

Mark III & IV Series Imbuya Cab.
Probably illegal to even try to sell this - it's endangered rain forest hardwood.
You can't get these any more, anywhere.
Of course, I could be wrong.

$600 OBO.
* * * CAB ONLY * * *
Paypal & Shipped to lower 48.

Add the green stripe Mark III chassis (STR-440s and STR-450s), with fan, reverb tank, EVM 12L, both foot switches and road case for a mere additional $1200.
No extra cost for shipping the complete amp. Such a deal.
C'mon, you know you want it.

IMG_3448.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

IMG_3450.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

Archived