John Scofield appreesh thread

iamthearm

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs

View Post

He {censored}ing rules.

This track has some great playing in it.

That CD is one of those CD's that have one foot in jazz and the other in groove/funk/blues/etc... Was definitely a changing CD for me playing and listening wise. Kick butt cd! A friends older brother turned me onto back in the day and I'm glad he did.

My band covers Chank for right now. I'd like to point them towards some other Scofield on top of it but I'll settle for now until I get to pick more songs.

Scofield rocks!

• Members

He's very good. Last year here he played sans pedalboard (only the Boomerang was in front of him) into a VOX AC30, which had the dust cover on. smile.gif

From purely a jazzhead point of view, I appreciate his Blue Note years the best, especially with Joe Lovano. From guitaristic approach, I listen his recent jam-style things.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DaveinLondon

View Post

He's bringing the Uberjam band back in 2013. Avi Bortnick is a monster.

Are you kidding! Oh man can't wait!!!!!!! One of my fav Sco tunes is on that album

Totally dig how he can tear up a song like Jungle Fiction, and then can also tear it up playing standards (solo around the 3:30 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk9wfmhrrqQ

Love to see him do another album with MMW as well (loved A Go Go, but Out Louder wasn't near as good)

Archived