Gaps between songs, how do you fill the space

Jan Deal

• Members

Hi all, thought you guys might be in a good place to offer advice to this situation.

I play in an instrumental band with three guitarists (check my sig wink.gif ), and since we use altered tunings and LOTS of effects, there can be dead time between songs. Now, we have tried to fill it with "banter", plugs for other shows we are playing, downloads etc... but it's always not quite enough. Any advice? We have toyed with the idea of storing some music/noises onto a looper pedal and playing that in between, how do people think that would go down?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I usually structure my band's set so that there are minimal stops between songs. We have a few tunes that start with drums which helps a lot. In the situation you are describing I would probably try to have some intros so that one guitarist could be doing an intro thing while another is switching out instruments.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by woolyh View Post
iPod into PA + MP3 of Raining Blood thumb.gif
Quote Originally Posted by flanging_fred View Post
Bite the head off of a bat.
This.

In all honesty, looping noise/snippets etc. in between songs is a great idea.

While biting the heads off of animals and screaming "RAINING BLOOD FROM A LACERATED SKYYYYYY!!!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk View Post
read passages from a book.
A friend of mine did this (his band is called GOiD. They're AMAZING. Check them out - very Birthday Party) with the Bible. HCFX had equipped me with the knowledge of Ezekiel 23:20, so I was able to contribute in my own little way.

I plan on reading excerpts from 50 Shades, which my mother bought me for my birthday, hoping I'd do exactly that.

Archived