Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaps between songs, how do you fill the space

Hi all, thought you guys might be in a good place to offer advice to this situation.

I play in an instrumental band with three guitarists (check my sig ), and since we use altered tunings and LOTS of effects, there can be dead time between songs. Now, we have tried to fill it with "banter", plugs for other shows we are playing, downloads etc... but it's always not quite enough. Any advice? We have toyed with the idea of storing some music/noises onto a looper pedal and playing that in between, how do people think that would go down?
    www.seasstarry.bandcamp.com

hit the low e-string, loop it.
    Originally Posted by Zappa74

last time I was in vegas, a friend of mine paid a whore $600. she slapped him when he tried to put his finger in her butt and he blacked out before she could give him anything more than a handjob.

My bands: http://aldorainedoom.bandcamp.com
    http://www.facebook.com/lrrrpunk

FS: Lightfoot Laps Goatkeeper

Comment

I would simplify what you do. Maybe audiences like waiting around and being able to talk for a bit. I just start the next song on my own and keep going until the band start up.
      Selling:

Mini mixer £25 posted. Good size for pedalboards.
      EHX 24v DC adapter £12 posted
      Dual momentary footswitch £20 posted.
      Telecaster 3 way switch and vintage jack socket. £5 posted

Excellent dealings with AncientMariner, Chucknorris1982, Daysofspeed, Kurd01, Melx, SirLemonHead, and a few of others I can't remember. . .

Comment

my bandmate loops stuff, mostly from the end of the prior song. And if we have different tunings for songs, we bring more guitars.

Originally Posted by IRG:
        "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

Bring a guitar for each tuning, or don't play those songs.
          Russian DolphinsBandcamp -Â****http://russiandolphins.bandcamp.com/Soundcloud -Â****https://soundcloud.com/russiandolphins

Comment

iPod into PA + MP3 of Raining Blood
            Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

read passages from a book.
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Bite the head off of a bat.
                Good Deals with... MelxGuitars - Shergold, Charvel, Yamaha, SquierEffects - Zoom UltraFuzz > Korg DT10 > EHX POG2 > EHX Nano Small Stone > Tim >Dano F'nC > MXR stereo chorus > Boss RE-20 > Boss RC-2Amps - Marshall JCM800 4010 - Mesa Boogie Studio 22 - Ferrograph .

Comment

I usually structure my band's set so that there are minimal stops between songs. We have a few tunes that start with drums which helps a lot. In the situation you are describing I would probably try to have some intros so that one guitarist could be doing an intro thing while another is switching out instruments.
                  Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by woolyh
                    View Post

iPod into PA + MP3 of Raining Blood

Quote Originally Posted by flanging_fred
                    View Post

Bite the head off of a bat.

This.

In all honesty, looping noise/snippets etc. in between songs is a great idea.

While biting the heads off of animals and screaming "RAINING BLOOD FROM A LACERATED SKYYYYYY!!!
                    I thought it was going to be different;It turned out to be(,) just the same.

Comment

Ask if anybody has seen an old man eat a twix?

Seriously, they don't!
                      Sensational deals with: Gearmanndude, LameAim, DougDeeper, Jimosity, Jnichols2727, kreeper_6, paulco, Aaron SS (x3) Fetch, DonaldDemon, Eburst, OldGtrNovice, Crxsh, dyer_maker, ToonHollow (x2)

Bad Deals/Scammers: Mewithoutlouie

Comment

I hate when bands talk or "plug" **************** between songs. Very few people can pull of banter.

Comment

talk about boobs and getting drunk
                          strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell
                            View Post

touch boobs and get drunk

fixed
                            Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

Hateful, inter-band arguments

Comment

Working...
                              X