Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fuzz am I after?

So after reading so many fuzz threads on here I dropped the cash on a used Hartman bc108 fuzz face clone. I enjoy it, but it seems that unity volume is at the max on the volume level, and it just seems somewhat... tame I guess

I want that raunchy over the top feedback laden tone, but this pedal even with the level and fuzz set at the max just doesn't seem to get raunchy or rude enough. What am I looking for? Am currently eyeing some tonebender mk1.5 and mkII clones but not sure if that is what I should be looking at.

Playing through a mahogany guitar with suhr aldrich pickups into a jca50, crunch channel with the gain set to just barely edge of breakup and volume anywhere from 2-3 to 5-7.

devi ever disaster fuzz, zvex fuzz factory, rockett WTF, dwarfcraft shiva, death by audio supersonic fuzz gun/soundwave breakdown

Comment

I have come to realize over the past year, that I love Tonebender fuzz best.

Check my tonebender thread, and RRRSBoxes.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...ht=cosmic+fuzz

The Barber Trifecta is a real versatile fuzz, too.
      This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...ure%3Dyoutu.be

this **************** is a basic audio scarab
        Originally Posted by arthurdent'd

Canadian politeness is not very rock-n-roll.

Comment

Demo Tape Fuzz!
          YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

^that too. DTF is the loudest mother****************er i've ever played. cleans up amazingly too

Comment

Analogman Peppermint Fuzz is kinda like a Fuzz Face on crack, might be worth checking out?
              Looking to sell:
              Boss OD-2 - shipping plus whatever
              Electro Harmonix HOG - $375 (does not have foot controller or expression)
              Malekko Spring Chicken - $300
              This1sMyne Custom Looper - $200 (PM if you want details)

Good deals with: knives490 (x2), telechuck, tinypants, Whenboysetsfire, AngelofHop, Keevun, devnulljp, pk1fan, mrmjp, StopReferencing, aporcelainsky, twangr, Matt Howell, solewheelin, GibsonVMan, Steve@Russo, jmiller475, & ibanez_dude

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Herptheflerp
                View Post

So after reading so many fuzz threads on here I dropped the cash on a used Hartman bc108 fuzz face clone. I enjoy it, but it seems that unity volume is at the max on the volume level, and it just seems somewhat... tame I guess

I want that raunchy over the top feedback laden tone, but this pedal even with the level and fuzz set at the max just doesn't seem to get raunchy or rude enough. What am I looking for? Am currently eyeing some tonebender mk1.5 and mkII clones but not sure if that is what I should be looking at.

I can tell you with certainty that you're not looking for an MK1.5, which is essentially a Fuzz Face with a big more high-end bite and a bit worse clean up. I'd imagine there's not enough gain either. It's a great fuzz box in it's own right, but not for what you're looking for. Have you looked into any Fuzzrites?
                Originally Posted by Rainer Maria Rilke

Sound, no longer measurable
                with sense of hearing. As if that tone
                outstripping us on every side
                were space maturing.

Comment

Try a no frills big muff.
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Nope, I have a Stomp under foot big muff clone and the son of a bee fuzz, both of which provide a great lead tone, but I'm looking for more of a pedal to leave on all the time and ride the volume on my guitar for rhythm/lead. Thinking of Hendrix live tones specifically, those kind of fuzz tones.

Comment

I would check out any of the Basic Audio fuzzes. So many different flavors, each with their quirks and cool characteristics.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk
                        View Post

Try a no frills big muff.

Not what I'm looking for at all, I'm after a fuzz to leave on all the time that cleans up well with the volume on my guitar, ala a fuzz face, but the bc108 fuzz face just seems tame.

Comment

cleanup -> DTF

Comment

yea, check the prymaxe demo of the Demo Tape. its great, really shows its versatility. eq controls on it are really nice too
                            YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Herptheflerp
                              View Post

Not what I'm looking for at all, I'm after a fuzz to leave on all the time that cleans up well with the volume on my guitar, ala a fuzz face, but the bc108 fuzz face just seems tame.

That is some key information you should have put in the OP, no?

Germanium based Fuzz Face (Tonebender MK 1.5) are the best for Fuzz that clean up with the volume rolled back.

If you want something with more oomf, it will be a trade off of other features.
                              For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

Working...
                              X