School Me on Funky Straps.

jw10

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
Souldier makes a lot of different designs based on the original NOS jacquard weave patterns from the old Ace strap days. Good straps!

http://www01.harmony-central.com/docs/DOC-2553
Another vote for Souldier. My local Sam Ash has a pretty good selection for $20 or so. Got one last week for my Marauder.

• Members

Ace strap designs are literally the only strap designs I like the look of. I don't know why but its just the way it is.

because of that. I've gone through a few different companies.

My Suhr has a Hippie Strap. By far the most expensive strap I've bought. I think it was like 100 bucks. I bought it when I was hungover so I wasn't making the best decision, but at the time they were the only company I knew did this style. The strap itself is quite nice the quality is great, the backing material they use is pretty stiff, but its not in any way uncomfortable. However, Hippie Straps customer service is TERRIBLE. I waited months for mine, I tried every contact method available, their emails went unanswered, their phone line was dead, finally I got a message back months later through their ebay account that their internet was down for the last two months, even though they've had tons of ebay activity since then. Terrible.

I have since when on to Lucky Straps that I have on my Destroyer and PGM301, which was the complete opposite customer service experience. Markus was a fuckin champ. his prices are better too. His straps are well made like hippie but feature a different backing material that is like leathery which I don't QUITE like as much but really its a fuckin strap.

HOWEVER,

In true Canadian form, a cute company called LEVY'S decided this year they would make a Ace style strap, that is half the price of the lucky's and in my opinion just as well made, BUT made with a far "suppler" backing material that is downright comfy. I've got one on my Guild.

http://www.levysleathers.com/product...for-2012-M8HTV

OMG PIX

SUHR - HIPPIE DESTROYER AND PGM LUCKY
65f37563.jpg

My only pic of the Levy's on my guild.
IMG_0139_zps1c17d8c6.jpg

• Members

I like the Couches myself.

I have a few seatbelts and this one:

mustangLstrap_LRG.JPG.jpeg

The Mustang trunk liner one.

Basically I need 4 things from a strap:

1. Doesn't slip and get longer after awhile.
2. Slick, I hate when they get traction on my shirt. I need it to slide.
3. Thin enough that I can fit Dunlop strap locks on them.
4. Looks cool. I generally like white/black/gray only. I'm a sucker for patterns like plaid, houndstooth, checkers, etc...

The trunk liner material is perfect for me. Slick, but they layer it so it stays the length you put it. I have 3 seatbelts, army green, black, and the shiny teal-bluish one. The green and blue hold fine, but the black one is a touch skinny for the slider thing and tends to gradually get longer. Annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenesis View Post
fuckin' Catalina wine mixer

icon_lol.gif

Archived