Official HCFX zombie movie thread...

Poltergeist

• Members

So, what have you been watching, and what are you favorites? love.gif

To my knowledge there are few zombies movies i haven't watched, so it's always nice to find a new one that i like.

Today i watched this one, and it is quite good, especially for a (seemingly) low-budget production:

Don't watch the one on youtube, as it is doubled in german or some {censored}.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by woolyh

View Post

The original Living Dead trilogy is the ultimate thumb.gif

Everything Romero did afterwards was meh.

if we're being honest i love those, but i wouldn't consider them to be the ultimate zombie movies of all time.

and if we're being double honest i like the remake of DotD better than the original, although i like the original too.

of all of those i watched, and i've watched a lot of them, Cemetery Man still trumps everything else. not only as a zombie movie, but as a whole.

• Members

there's that german film 'rammbock' or something.. couldn't find it last time i was looking though.

saw a cool horror film on youtube the other day- australian flick where some documentary makers go into the old underground system. can't remember the title coz i'm ill and can barely think straight!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gambit

View Post

there's that german film 'rammbock' or something.. couldn't find it last time i was looking though.

saw a cool horror film on youtube the other day- australian flick where some documentary makers go into the old underground system. can't remember the title coz i'm ill and can barely think straight!

mmm........ is that Undead (2003)?

• Members

The first one that really put a hook in my sides was the '78 Dawn Of The Dead. One of my all time favorites, zombies or not.

Night and Day are good too. I didn't see the Day remake, but I saw the Dawn one and... ehhh, it wasn't bad, just not totally awesome.

Heh, I do kinda like Land Of The Dead, I really like Hopper and Leguizamo so that probably contributed.

Shaun Of The Dead, although kind of a parody, is fantastic and has all the horror elements of other zombie movies, but faaaaar better dialogue.

I LOVE the 1st half of 28 Days Later, when they're just on the move in London and the countryside, but once they reach that military blockade, I fall asleep. idn_smilie.gif

Return Of The Living Dead is awesome. It just breaks all the rules, talking zombies and such. Nuts.

I've seen the first two Resident Evils and, they're just ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist

View Post

if we're being honest i love those, but i wouldn't consider them to be the ultimate zombie movies of all time.

and if we're being double honest i like the remake of DotD better than the original, although i like the original too.

of all of those i watched, and i've watched a lot of them, Cemetery Man still trumps everything else. not only as a zombie movie, but as a whole.

Blasphemy! icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gambit

View Post

And gambit, I would guess it was "The Tunnel"

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by notjonahbutnoah

View Post

Shaun Of The Dead, although kind of a parody, is fantastic and has all the horror elements of other zombie movies, but faaaaar better dialogue.

Return Of The Living Dead is awesome. It just breaks all the rules, talking zombies and such. Nuts.

i honestly think Shaun of the Dead, while cool, is one of the most overrated zombie movies of all time. a lot of the time nothing happens, barely any gore, weak kills. mehsville. didn't invite me to watch it a second time, honestly, although i liked it for what it was.

i'm more into survival type of movies.

and yeah, Return of the Living Dead is awesome, one of my favorites.

• Members

Oh yeah, Zombieland. I though it was really gonna suck and I quite liked it. The trailers and marketing had that WHOA TOTALLY AWESOME, BRO vibe, but it was pretty cool.

i honestly think Shaun of the Dead, while cool, is one of the most overrated zombie movies of all time. a lot of the time nothing happens, barely any gore, weak kills. mehsville. didn't invite me to watch it a second time, honestly, although i liked it for what it was.

i'm more into survival type of movies.

and yeah, Return of the Living Dead is awesome, one of my favorites.

Yeah, I mean it was definitely a comedy/horror, and not so much a survival thing. I just really liked Somon Pegg in it and thought the writing was super clever, lots of call backs and recurring motifs, references to other moves, good characters, and I'm not insistent on lots of gore. It's fine but I definitely don't need it, though any movie where a guy gets ripped apart and has his intestines eaten is gory in my book.

• Members

Yeah, I mean it was definitely a comedy/horror, and not so much a survival thing. I just really liked Somon Pegg in it and thought the writing was super clever, lots of call backs and recurring motifs, references to other moves, good characters, and I'm not insistent on lots of gore. It's fine but I definitely don't need it, though any movie where a guy gets ripped apart and has his intestines eaten is gory in my book.

maybe i'll watch it again some time soon.

seemed too slow-paced and empty in some parts when i watched it first.

Archived