Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official HCFX zombie movie thread...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Official HCFX zombie movie thread...

    So, what have you been watching, and what are you favorites?









    To my knowledge there are few zombies movies i haven't watched, so it's always nice to find a new one that i like.



    Today i watched this one, and it is quite good, especially for a (seemingly) low-budget production:






    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJVdqZww9aE





    Don't watch the one on youtube, as it is doubled in german or some ****************.
    "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

    "play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

    "Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

  • #2
    Check out "Autumn". I found it to be a fantastic zombie survival tale and and interesting take on the zombies.
    - ChadEndorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals

    Comment


    • #3
      The original Living Dead trilogy is the ultimate



      Everything Romero did afterwards was meh.
      Originally Posted by RoboPimp


      doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?



      Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

      Comment


      • #4






        Quote Originally Posted by caeman
        View Post

        Check out "Autumn". I found it to be a fantastic zombie survival tale and and interesting take on the zombies.




        there's one i haven't watched, thanks. will check it out.
        "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

        "play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

        "Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by woolyh
          View Post

          The original Living Dead trilogy is the ultimate



          Everything Romero did afterwards was meh.




          if we're being honest i love those, but i wouldn't consider them to be the ultimate zombie movies of all time.



          and if we're being double honest i like the remake of DotD better than the original, although i like the original too.







          of all of those i watched, and i've watched a lot of them, Cemetery Man still trumps everything else. not only as a zombie movie, but as a whole.
          "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

          "play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

          "Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

          Comment


          • #6
            there's that german film 'rammbock' or something.. couldn't find it last time i was looking though.



            saw a cool horror film on youtube the other day- australian flick where some documentary makers go into the old underground system. can't remember the title coz i'm ill and can barely think straight!
            Youtube Pedal Vids
            For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
            ToneFactor Nebular - £40
            Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
            Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

            Comment


            • #7






              Quote Originally Posted by gambit
              View Post

              there's that german film 'rammbock' or something.. couldn't find it last time i was looking though.



              saw a cool horror film on youtube the other day- australian flick where some documentary makers go into the old underground system. can't remember the title coz i'm ill and can barely think straight!




              mmm........ is that Undead (2003)?
              "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

              "play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

              "Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

              Comment


              • #8
                I enjoyed 28 days later.
                Happy days so far with: Kayzer, Snufkino, matchpoint, SG1

                Comment


                • #9
                  28 Days Later is absolutely brilliant. i've watched that one a million times.



                  the sequel is fairly weaker, but still well worth taking a look at.
                  "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

                  "play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

                  "Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The first one that really put a hook in my sides was the '78 Dawn Of The Dead. One of my all time favorites, zombies or not.



                    Night and Day are good too. I didn't see the Day remake, but I saw the Dawn one and... ehhh, it wasn't bad, just not totally awesome.



                    Heh, I do kinda like Land Of The Dead, I really like Hopper and Leguizamo so that probably contributed.



                    Shaun Of The Dead, although kind of a parody, is fantastic and has all the horror elements of other zombie movies, but faaaaar better dialogue.



                    I LOVE the 1st half of 28 Days Later, when they're just on the move in London and the countryside, but once they reach that military blockade, I fall asleep.



                    Return Of The Living Dead is awesome. It just breaks all the rules, talking zombies and such. Nuts.



                    I've seen the first two Resident Evils and, they're just ok.









                    Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist
                    View Post

                    if we're being honest i love those, but i wouldn't consider them to be the ultimate zombie movies of all time.



                    and if we're being double honest i like the remake of DotD better than the original, although i like the original too.







                    of all of those i watched, and i've watched a lot of them, Cemetery Man still trumps everything else. not only as a zombie movie, but as a whole.






                    Blasphemy!
                    Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

                    Comment


                    • #11






                      Quote Originally Posted by gambit
                      View Post

                      there's that german film 'rammbock' or something.. couldn't find it last time i was looking though.



                      saw a cool horror film on youtube the other day- australian flick where some documentary makers go into the old underground system. can't remember the title coz i'm ill and can barely think straight!




                      And gambit, I would guess it was "The Tunnel"
                      Good deals with: Snufkino, IVIARK, joshp13589, MPH, Hides-His-Eyes, robw, ChuckNorris1982, HeartfeltDawn, Woolyh, SimplyBen, Astatine, Chugs, JDE, Gambit, theboywho

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dont get the love it should


                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdo_2K8yWag

                        old school style. Combining euro exploitation with good old zombie fun.

                        Also I guess you have but (pls ignore the trailer and just watch the film)


                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIsLSj-z4UM
                        Good deals with: Snufkino, IVIARK, joshp13589, MPH, Hides-His-Eyes, robw, ChuckNorris1982, HeartfeltDawn, Woolyh, SimplyBen, Astatine, Chugs, JDE, Gambit, theboywho

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Dont get the love it should


                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdo_2K8yWag

                          old school style. Combining euro exploitation with good old zombie fun.

                          Also I guess you have but (pls ignore the trailer and just watch the film)


                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIsLSj-z4UM
                          Good deals with: Snufkino, IVIARK, joshp13589, MPH, Hides-His-Eyes, robw, ChuckNorris1982, HeartfeltDawn, Woolyh, SimplyBen, Astatine, Chugs, JDE, Gambit, theboywho

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Lucio Fulci's "Zombie".
                            Listen to my band's new song "Clover" and download our albums free. modgun.bandcamp.com

                            Comment


                            • #15






                              Quote Originally Posted by notjonahbutnoah
                              View Post

                              Shaun Of The Dead, although kind of a parody, is fantastic and has all the horror elements of other zombie movies, but faaaaar better dialogue.

                              Return Of The Living Dead is awesome. It just breaks all the rules, talking zombies and such. Nuts.




                              i honestly think Shaun of the Dead, while cool, is one of the most overrated zombie movies of all time. a lot of the time nothing happens, barely any gore, weak kills. mehsville. didn't invite me to watch it a second time, honestly, although i liked it for what it was.



                              i'm more into survival type of movies.





                              and yeah, Return of the Living Dead is awesome, one of my favorites.
                              "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

                              "play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

                              "Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

                              Comment



                              Working...
                              X