Ever kicked a guy outta the band and hear he's telling people he wrote your song?

brokenfixed

• Members

Ever happen to you?

We had a lead guitarist play with us for a bit. Guy was good, knew his {censored}, knew some theory, was quite a bit better than me. So we jammed for a couple months, and he had this little riff that he showed me the chord for.

I came back with a whole new progression for the verse and chorus. Came up with an intro and he even "let me" write a lead part at the end. We started playing it as a band and almost got it down pretty solid, but he started slacking off and seemed like he was having a tough time dealing with me "the lesser guitar talent" always coming up with new {censored}.

But when it came time to bring his own ideas he had nothing. We argued a lot and finally parted ways when I told him I think we'd get a lot more done without him.

(all of these arguments have been recorded its pretty funny listening to them now)

So a few months go by, we record the song, purposely took his lead riff out since I was busy playing the rhythm anyway. My drummer shows him the new recordings cause theyre still friends, and the dudes like "I liked that song back when I wrote it"....haha

Man? such a bitter {censored}er.

Anyone else?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's a guy with tracks on soundcloud that were a band effort. He played bass and thats it. He has the band recorded with his name and "solo artist" next to it. Pissed me off for a while but his lifes pretty {censored}ed up now and its not like anybody was going to "make it" with that bands material.

• Members

There's a guy with tracks on soundcloud that were a band effort. He played bass and thats it. He has the band recorded with his name and "solo artist" next to it. Pissed me off for a while but his lifes pretty {censored}ed up now and its not like anybody was going to "make it" with that bands material.

• Members

hahaha {censored} man... I guess I'm 'that guy'. A while back I quit a band after an argument with my friend in which one of his last words were "I don't need you or your riffs" after me telling him he can't use my songs. haha Saw 'em a month or so later.. First song in is one I wrote that we hadn't even played live yet. He even took out the coolest riff in the song. Thought it was pretty funny. We're buds and everything still, and I don't even care about any of that crap anymore.

• Members

hahaha {censored} man... I guess I'm 'that guy'. A while back I quit a band after an argument with my friend in which one of his last words were "I don't need you or your riffs" after me telling him he can't use my songs. haha Saw 'em a month or so later.. First song in is one I wrote that we hadn't even played live yet. He even took out the coolest riff in the song. Thought it was pretty funny. We're buds and everything still, and I don't even care about any of that crap anymore.

Archived