Ridiculously OT: Black and Tan Combinations

DylanWilde

• Members

This is not even tangentially related to music and/or effects, but I figured that, if we can have a "What Beer Are You Drinking Right Now?" thread, this is fair game as well.

So, as a guy relatively new to the craft beer world, I just recently had my mind blown by the concept of the black and tan. Since it's approaching the holidays, my first attempt at the classic was using Great Lakes Porter atop Thirsty Dog Christmas Ale. . .it sucked and I could use some direction/suggestions. What are some of your favorite combinations when it comes to mixing brews this way?

• Members

I'm going to recommend Dortmunder or Labrador Lager + Edmund Fitzgerald. Maybe Blackout Stout. Not something so overwhelming as a Christmas Ale.

Burning River or some such may {censored} {censored} up too much, too, even though it is one of my favorite beers ever.

• Members

I'm going to recommend Dortmunder or Labrador Lager + Edmund Fitzgerald. Maybe Blackout Stout. Not something so overwhelming as a Christmas Ale.

Burning River or some such may {censored} {censored} up too much, too, even though it is one of my favorite beers ever.

Archived