NYC Pedalboards

Moustache_Bash

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's what i use:

attachment.php?attachmentid=350209&d=135

I've this bad boy over three years, and it's always been great. The only, ONLY, trouble is that right now, the little chrome plate on the front that says "NYC Pedalboards" is getting all bent, and it snags on stuff. But yeknowwhat, i'm gonna go take it off at my next band practice. I'm doing my advertising here...

I haven't been in the market for pedalboards lately, but when I was, this was the best deal i could find for size, strength, and routability. Having the moveable 2nd tier is really great, and i have my pedal power 2 under it, and there's still plenty of room to store wrapped up cables. I've also moved pedals around on it a bunch, but the velcro underneath will still take and hold onto new velcro on pedals.

So, my vote is Yea on NYCPBs.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
a tolexed one is looking mighty appealing right now. heavier or lighter than comparable pedaltrains though. my board feels WAY heavier than i ever expected a pedalboard to feel, on a PT pro, and im trying to change that.
My guess is that the NYC boards are heavier. Although I have never owned a PT board, I am assuming that most of the weight comes from the pedals and not the case (assuming you have the ATA case and not the soft padded version). At least with the boards I made that are modeled after the NYC design, the case itself is fairly hefty even without pedals. Not that I think you should not buy one, I just think the bigger it gets, the heavier it is and so on. I love my boards and definitely recommend NYC boards, I just think the weight is probably a detractor for many.

Of course, the issue is solved if you are looking for one of the smaller models.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
a tolexed one is looking mighty appealing right now. heavier or lighter than comparable pedaltrains though. my board feels WAY heavier than i ever expected a pedalboard to feel, on a PT pro, and im trying to change that.

They're always going to be lighter than a comparable PT board with hard case, think of it that way. I've had a PT Pro and i use an NYC board now and the weight is not an issue (nor am i of the most bodybuilder-esque physique). Frankly, i don't see how you're going to get a board any lighter without sacrificing structural integrity.

• Members

i use the PT softcase. pedalboard is heavy as hell. maybe a thick balsa design is in order.icon_lol.gif

so one says heavier than PT, one says lighter.

its weird, because the PT by itself is about as light as i could conceive a pedalboard to be. and the pedals are light. but ill be damned if it doesnt feel heavier than the sum of its parts.

• Members

I had a few custom boards built by him back when I was using way too many pedals. Haha. I still have them in storage, but I just don't need gigantic pedalboards anymore. They were great boards though. I just opted to start going with the Pedaltrains because I wanted the ATA cases if I was going to be throwing my boards in the back of a trailer day in and day out. The wood is thick as hell though, and I think it would be really tough to dent it or anything, but I just felt more comfortable with an ATA case.

• Members

Anybody own one? They look pretty robust. Any better options out there?

prod1.jpg
prod3.jpg

I've been using them pretty much exclusively for nearly a decade now. They're well made, reasonably priced and the builder is easy to work with on special order stuff. Until something better for custom stuff comes along for the money, they'll continue to get my business. :thu:

• Members

I had one a long time ago. Went the custom route with a tier to fit more pedals and put a pp2+ under. I gigged with it and found it super solid, but also super heavy. It got to the point that I couldn't deal with it and that's when I sold it and entered the world of pedaltrain starting with the pro. It was big but waaay lighter and neater. If you do go NYC be happy you don't actually live here because the tax plus the shipping kinda killed the deal.

Archived