I wanna practice mixing - upload your tracks

ambient

• Members

I've been getting into the mixing side of things with my own music over the last few months.

I don't write anywhere near fast enough to get enough mixing time in. I wanna get better/faster on material I'm not already close to.

If you're keen on having someone else have a crack at mixing your stuff, upload the tracks to dropbox or something and send me (or post) the download link. I won't share it with anyone else without permission and you can use the final product if you like.

If you have Reaper, you could upload the entire session folder including the session file.
If not, individual, named wav files that all start at the same point should be fine.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by brokenfixed

View Post

links just sent

Got 'em, thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Prehistoricpain

View Post

I can throw something together tonight...

What would you like? I usually eq my guitar and drum tracks, and comp etc, would you like just a raw mp3 with no eq on my part or is that ok?

EQ and compression are two of the main things I'm trying to get better/faster at, so if you could so tracks without any processing that would be great.

.wav files would be best ,but they're large, so any high quality - preferable 'lossless' - format should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by PKTrono

View Post

made a ton of progress with my computer today. so if i can get some stems together before i leave for toronto/the holidays, i can upload something here.

Badass.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFigurehead

View Post

I'd love to hear what someone else would do with my stuff... I, admittedly, am not great at mixing. Where should I send the tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by PKTrono

View Post

make a dropbox link and put it in here. that's what i plan to do

Dropbox is great, though there are other cloud-storage services like Google Drive that you can use as well.

cool.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus

View Post

I didn't have time last night but I started recorded a whole bunch of songs so if you don't mind waiting a few days I'll have something.

Not at all.

I'm not particularly good at this, so even a couple of the things people have offered will likely keep me occupied for a while.

Don't anyone get their hopes up and expect something actually good icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Prehistoricpain

View Post

Hey, do you want the tracks separately or is it cool if I just send a single wav

Separate tracks so I can mix them together.

Unless there's some sort of multi-track .wav file I don't know about?

Quote Originally Posted by BAXANDALL

View Post

Would you want to remix that "$100 Pillow" song I did for the song contest last year? It might give me the incentive to redo the vocals.

Sure smile.gif

I wanna get as much as I can to force me to work faster.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Johansolo

View Post

i might take you up on this offer... if its still valid sometime in the new year...

working on some recordings...and i hate everything about drums (midi programmed drums and getting them to sit right and mix right with bass)

Of course the new year us cool.

If your doing midi drums send me the a sound file of those, but also the midi file if you don't mind. I may want to try it with some other samples if that's cool. Plus midi is much easier to edit than sound.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Johansolo

View Post

i might take you up on this offer... if its still valid sometime in the new year...

working on some recordings...and i hate everything about drums (midi programmed drums and getting them to sit right and mix right with bass)

Of course the new year us cool.

If your doing midi drums send me the a sound file of those, but also the midi file if you don't mind. I may want to try it with some other samples if that's cool. Plus midi is much easier to edit than sound.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ambient

View Post

Separate tracks so I can mix them together.

Unless there's some sort of multi-track .wav file I don't know about?

Sure smile.gif

I wanna get as much as I can to force me to work faster.

On it. I'm leaving for a few days then on Wed. I'll put them in my Drob Box account for you. Have fun!

Archived