best Brownface fender for Petty toanz

Hiwatt Bob

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What guitars do you usually play? How loud do you need it?

I ask because I had a Brown Princeton that was incredible for that kind of thing, but it was quick to break up with humbuckers or volume.

So Fender Brown Princeton or a Quinn Derby (Brown Deluxe's are stupid expensive) is my answer.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
What guitars do you usually play? How loud do you need it?

I ask because I had a Brown Princeton that was incredible for that kind of thing, but it was quick to break up with humbuckers or volume.

So Fender Brown Princeton or a Quinn Derby (Brown Deluxe's are stupid expensive) is my answer.
i've got lots of guitars--brown deluxe sounds like what i'd want.

• Members

Depends how loud you are gonna play. A brown deluxe is a great amp but depending on the guitar, it'll break up between 3 and 5 on the dial.
Bassmans are also awesome if you don't need the trem. There are a few companies that do clones for $1k which is a fair price. Heads of that age go for a bit more than that In general.

Brown deluxe will set you back a minimum of 1500 buckaroos in its worst state.

• Members

Depends how loud you are gonna play. A brown deluxe is a great amp but depending on the guitar, it'll break up between 3 and 5 on the dial.

Bassmans are also awesome if you don't need the trem. There are a few companies that do clones for $1k which is a fair price. Heads of that age go for a bit more than that In general.

Brown deluxe will set you back a minimum of
1500 buckaroos in its worst state.

Pfft! pennies for Bob.

Archived