NPD: Elements

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Elements is definitely versatile man, you can get a crazy amount of sounds from that one box. Although the Dr. Scientist stuff is definitely pricey, he's usually super chill about answering questions if you have issues and the pedals themselves are really well built in addition to offering a ton of tonal flexibility.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly]

View Post

How much did that set you back? The only thing that puts me off about Dr. Scientist pedals is the price. They sound great.

I did a trade, but I think they're going for $130-$160? idn_smilie.gif

For what they are, they're worth it.......I mean it's everything from a clean boost, EQ, low to high gain..........fuzz, OD, and distortion type sounds.

• Members

I still like my Bogner Red as my main dirty sound, but I think the Elements will help add a little variety. thumb.gif

It's really amazing how different and awesome it can sound.

If I were still playing stoner downtuned stuff, the elements would definitely be my first choice for fuzz-like distortion. love.gif

Another thing......the clips and demos don't do too much justice for this pedal. It's weird.....sounds great in person, but the demos don't really showcase it. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Fiscal

View Post

I have yet to come across any pedal, amp, or gear that was too complicated.

I don't really understand people's fear of knobs?

i think he was joking bro poke.gif its nice to have lots of knobs and things to fiddle with, like the elements and a Whetstone. allows you to get tons of different sounds. however my problem is that i just end up tweaking way too much and playing around with it and can never settle on a setting. let go of both my elements and whetstone even though i quite liked them. there's a reason pedals like the phase 90, dyna comp, or rangemaster are such classics.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

i think he was joking bro poke.gif its nice to have lots of knobs and things to fiddle with, like the elements and a Whetstone. allows you to get tons of different sounds. however my problem is that i just end up tweaking way too much and playing around with it and can never settle on a setting. let go of both my elements and whetstone even though i quite liked them. there's a reason pedals like the phase 90, dyna comp, or rangemaster are such classics.

Troo troo.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

Cliff Fiscal is a serious d00d cop.gif, and don't call him bro.

biggrin.gif

Hmmm......constantly diddling knobs isn't a problem for me. redface.gif

I find the the flexibility keeps me from dicking around, and allows me to get exactly what I'm looking for quickly.......rather than being unable to get what I need from one or two knobs.

If you're looking for classics...........well, I guess you should stick with those then.

• Members

View Post

I have yet to come across any pedal, amp, or gear that was too complicated.

I don't really understand people's fear of knobs?

HNPD!

I've been interested in the Elements for a varied dirt tone to my OCD and Rat and its seems like it could cover a lot of ground. I can relate to people not wanting a lot of knobs, I find myself tweaking it every time I stomp on it. I don't like that, even though it many settings may sound good, too many options polarizes me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by reverberlayed

View Post

HNPD!

I've been interested in the Elements for a varied dirt tone to my OCD and Rat and its seems like it could cover a lot of ground. I can relate to people not wanting a lot of knobs, I find myself tweaking it every time I stomp on it. I don't like that, even though it many settings may sound good, too many options polarizes me.

If you like those two pedals, you'd definitely like the Elements.......in the same genre, imo.

The only negative to having too many good sound and too many good options in one pedal, is that you'd have to buy another to utilize contrasting settings.

I could easily see having 2 Elements on a board.

• Members

View Post

The only negative to having too many good sound and too many good options in one pedal, is that you'd have to buy another to utilize contrasting settings.

I could easily see having 2 Elements on a board.

exactly. thats how i felt about mine too, i'd need one for lower gain stuff and one for higher gain stuff with different tone/bass settings. not unlikely that i will acquire another one some day redface.gif

or it needs some presets somehow

Archived