OT: What camera you using?

woolyh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nikon D80 that I've had since '07. i was going to upgrade to the D7000 but the replacement for that's going to come out early next year so I'm going to wait for that.

I was looking at getting an Olympus Micro Four Thirds to use as an every-day carry that's less bulky than a DSLR but still has a choice of good lenses but since getting back into film I'm looking out for a Nikon F3 so I can use the Nikon lenses I already have.

Someone mentioned the Fuji X100 up there ^^^ That range really is worth a look.

• Members

But remember you lenses are just as important (and expensive) as the body. A good zoom is {censored}ing expensive, but useful. Get that and a 50mm and you're golden for most applications.

A 50mm if it's got a full-frame sensor, if it's got a crop sensor you need a 35mm for the same angle of view. Nikon's 34mm f/1.8 is really good for the money. It rarely leaves my camera.

• Members

But remember you lenses are just as important (and expensive) as the body. A good zoom is {censored}ing expensive, but useful. Get that and a 50mm and you're golden for most applications.

A 50mm if it's got a full-frame sensor, if it's got a crop sensor you need a 35mm for the same angle of view. Nikon's 35mm f/1.8 is really good for the money. It rarely leaves my camera.

• Members

My wife uses a Nikon D7000, but if you wanna go up from there, the D800 is full frame, expensive and dope. But the D7000 has a lot of pro features on it, but it's a medium sensor.

The D600 just came out pretty recently, and IIRC, it's a full frame as well. $2k with the lens package on Amazon right now. I'm using a D5000 and have been for the last few years, thinking about upgrading to either a D600 or D800.

Archived