Being left handed has always sucked..

King Rat

• Members

I've gotten some good deals over the years buying lefties and the Internet has made finding a left handed guitar much easier. My only real gripe these days is that I wish fender would do some cheap lefty offsets. I'd like a jazzmaster, but don't want to spring for an American made one.

• Members

I'm a lefty that has always played right-handed, I always thought most of the intricate work happens on the fretboard anyway.

I found a great fix for left-handed writing issues though - I've been writing any notes backwards for years now. Not that there's much need for pen and paper any more...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Trick Fall View Post
I've gotten some good deals over the years buying lefties and the Internet has made finding a left handed guitar much easier. My only real gripe these days is that I wish fender would do some cheap lefty offsets. I'd like a jazzmaster, but don't want to spring for an American made one.
such a limited range especially when it comes to Jags, jazzmasters, and mustangs.

And NO we don't want just the bloody cobain model...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly] View Post
such a limited range especially when it comes to Jags, jazzmasters, and mustangs.

And NO we don't want just the bloody cobain model...
If I was fender I'd do a limited run of less popular models for lefties on a monthly or quarterly basis. Like do a batch of squire jazzmasters, then next quarter do a batch of jaguars and so on. I mean I've already got strats and teles dont they want more of my money?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MrChrisos View Post
I'm a lefty that has always played right-handed, I always thought most of the intricate work happens on the fretboard anyway.

I found a great fix for left-handed writing issues though - I've been writing any notes backwards for years now. Not that there's much need for pen and paper any more...
+1, I'm the same. Learned from the start to play as a right handed. My teacher always said it was worth it and you'd be able to go anywhere and pick up a guitar and play.

• Members

its somehow sad, that there are no "budget" lefties.
yes there are a lot of strats and teles, MIM, MIA, MIJ from low budget to custom shop, but once you settled with tele and strat need there is not much choice left over frown.gif

ok there are some nice les pauls, also on the used market with "reasonable" prices
but than gibson becomes horrible expensive, if you look at semi hollows you might get a 335
but damn i would love a midtown custom, but no lefties made.
yeah epiphone makes nice semi's but as lefty you only get a dot or a sheraton2

yes gretsch is making now some more lefties and prs too, but the desirable models are pricy

eastwood is making some models as lefty, but none of them have a bigsby

don't let me start to talk about colors available for lefties, i don't like all my guitars being black...

Archived