OT: New Blues Junior Day!

tronus

• Members

Heck yea! I've been wanting this amp since I went to git-fiddlin school. Had one in almost every classroom and practice room.

It just plain sounds and feels great. It's easy as hell to get a good sound out of them. They really do sound great at low volumes. Better than any amp I have owned.

My ears are happy with me.

The reverb wasn't working off the bat so the guy in at the shop asked me to check the connections or pound on it to see if the tank was functioning. First thing I did was pound on it and the reverb kicked it... Either the cables are loose or there is a {censored}ty solder. I told him I'd bring it in after the holidays (I want to play it, damnit!) so he could look at it for me.

20121222_154158_zpsc6ec9b4e.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for posting, dudes!

I got a lemon!

It's totally cardboardy and sputtery. The reverb wasn't working at first either.

I'm an idiot. This shop had this sitting there with all their other amps. The shop has been there all my life so I trusted I could just take the thing home and it'd be fine. Nope. There is some problems in this one. Taking it back tomorrow and they are going to order a new one.

I changed out the power tubes and the pre tubes one at a time. I don't have 3 12ax7's laying around to try all at once so I swapped two of the pre tubes out with my 2 extra 12ax7's and one with one of my 12au7's. Things got less {censored}ty at this point. I don't know if it's because the stock pre tubes were all bad or if the lower gain tube created a lower level signal, negating the farty sputtery crap happening.

Crap.. I love these amps, so I'm excited to be getting one but I was looking forward to rocking the thing over the holidays. That's what I get for celebrating Christmas too soon.

• Members

Thanks for posting, dudes!

I got a lemon!

It's totally cardboardy and sputtery. The reverb wasn't working at first either.

I'm an idiot. This shop had this sitting there with all their other amps. The shop has been there all my life so I trusted I could just take the thing home and it'd be fine. Nope. There is some problems in this one. Taking it back tomorrow and they are going to order a new one.

I changed out the power tubes and the pre tubes one at a time. I don't have 3 12ax7's laying around to try all at once so I swapped two of the pre tubes out with my 2 extra 12ax7's and one with one of my 12au7's. Things got less {censored}ty at this point. I don't know if it's because the stock pre tubes were all bad or if the lower gain tube created a lower level signal, negating the farty sputtery crap happening.

Crap.. I love these amps, so I'm excited to be getting one but I was looking forward to rocking the thing over the holidays. That's what I get for celebrating Christmas too soon.

• Members

Oh cool, those blonde ones are awesome. Aw, bummer man. That's funny you say that because mine has a reverb issue too... How is yours acting?

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

i have had mine for about a month and i love it. its a blonde one. though there is some issue with the reverb circuit thats making me want to pull my hair out.

• Members

Oh cool, those blonde ones are awesome. Aw, bummer man. That's funny you say that because mine has a reverb issue too... How is yours acting?

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

i have had mine for about a month and i love it. its a blonde one. though there is some issue with the reverb circuit thats making me want to pull my hair out.

• Members

the reverb is just really weak. blues jr's have really unique reverbs. they sound different than other fenders. super deep and drippy and kind of crazy. mine is weak and subtle and i changed the reverb pan, nothing. i was thinking about changing the ic but {censored} that. uggghhh

• Members

the reverb is just really weak. blues jr's have really unique reverbs. they sound different than other fenders. super deep and drippy and kind of crazy. mine is weak and subtle and i changed the reverb pan, nothing. i was thinking about changing the ic but {censored} that. uggghhh

Archived