reading "i'm not a strat guy" gave me an idea.....

hahavishnu

• Members

what would you consider major (well minor really) faults with the established big 3 of guitars,the strat,tele and LP

for me the tele jack socket ALWAYS falls apart.
the space between the PUP selector and knobs is a joke...of course these can easily be fixed.

the strat i don't get on with for a variety of reasons.never owned one

and the LP? fret 22 is a Mother to reach.other than that it'll do for me
i don't mind the headstock concerns, but you GOTTA treat a LP with care

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Strats have a terrible bridge pickup, mediocre bridge tremolo system (jazzmaster is better), too many tone knobs relative to volume controls, and too large of a pickgaurd.

The telecaster input cup is wack but easily fixed. Nothing else wrong with it.

Nothing wrong with the LP

• Members

Strats have a terrible bridge pickup, mediocre bridge tremolo system (jazzmaster is better), too many tone knobs relative to volume controls, and too large of a pickgaurd.

The telecaster input cup is wack but easily fixed. Nothing else wrong with it.

Nothing wrong with the LP

• Members

Strat - Stupid wiring layout (no tone for bridge pickup, limited switching), flawed tremolo system, everything mounted to pickguard, pointless (to me) middle pickup, I also don't really like the body contours

Tele - No inherent problems as far as I'm concerned

Les Paul - Individual volume and tone knobs can make adjustments complicated

• Members

Strat - Stupid wiring layout (no tone for bridge pickup, limited switching), flawed tremolo system, everything mounted to pickguard, pointless (to me) middle pickup, I also don't really like the body contours

Tele - No inherent problems as far as I'm concerned

Les Paul - Individual volume and tone knobs can make adjustments complicated

• Members

Strat: Individual neck and middle tone controls (and no bridge tone) don't make sense. Make it a master volume and master tone, and replace the bridge pickup with a Tele bridge pickup. Best guitar ever.

Tele: Most of them don't have 22 frets. This is dumb. Otherwise, Teles are perfect.

Les Paul: 24.75" scale length and string spacing is icky. Pickup selector goes where? Oh right; right where I can punch every time I get excited and play my guitar.

• Members

Strat: Individual neck and middle tone controls (and no bridge tone) don't make sense. Make it a master volume and master tone, and replace the bridge pickup with a Tele bridge pickup. Best guitar ever.

Tele: Most of them don't have 22 frets. This is dumb. Otherwise, Teles are perfect.

Les Paul: 24.75" scale length and string spacing is icky. Pickup selector goes where? Oh right; right where I can punch every time I get excited and play my guitar.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

How about this idea? The fault is not in the guitars. The limitation is in the players who don't know when to use the right tools for the right purposes, or have such a limited range of purposes so as not to need the tools. poke.gif

This. I have never picked up a guitar and thought "this knob is too close" or "the tonality of that pickup would be exponentially better with a different cap"... Until i started reading guitar forums... Then i found out so many things have sooooo many problems! wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever

View Post

How about this idea? The fault is not in the guitars. The limitation is in the players who don't know when to use the right tools for the right purposes, or have such a limited range of purposes so as not to need the tools. poke.gif

This. I have never picked up a guitar and thought "this knob is too close" or "the tonality of that pickup would be exponentially better with a different cap"... Until i started reading guitar forums... Then i found out so many things have sooooo many problems! wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFFTA View Post

Ever drive a piece of {censored} car? You're saying the car can't be sub-par or clumsily designed, it must be a lack of operator driving skills?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFFTA View Post

Ever drive a piece of {censored} car? You're saying the car can't be sub-par or clumsily designed, it must be a lack of operator driving skills?

Archived