Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

reading "i'm not a strat guy" gave me an idea.....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reading "i'm not a strat guy" gave me an idea.....

what would you consider major (well minor really) faults with the established big 3 of guitars,the strat,tele and LP

for me the tele jack socket ALWAYS falls apart.

the space between the PUP selector and knobs is a joke...of course these can easily be fixed.

the strat i don't get on with for a variety of reasons.never owned one

and the LP? fret 22 is a Mother to reach.other than that it'll do for me

i don't mind the headstock concerns, but you GOTTA treat a LP with care

Strats have a terrible bridge pickup, mediocre bridge tremolo system (jazzmaster is better), too many tone knobs relative to volume controls, and too large of a pickgaurd.

The telecaster input cup is wack but easily fixed. Nothing else wrong with it.

Nothing wrong with the LP
    Originally Posted by Rainer Maria Rilke

Sound, no longer measurable
    with sense of hearing. As if that tone
    outstripping us on every side
    were space maturing.

Comment

Strats have a terrible bridge pickup, mediocre bridge tremolo system (jazzmaster is better), too many tone knobs relative to volume controls, and too large of a pickgaurd.

The telecaster input cup is wack but easily fixed. Nothing else wrong with it.

Nothing wrong with the LP
      Originally Posted by Rainer Maria Rilke

Sound, no longer measurable
      with sense of hearing. As if that tone
      outstripping us on every side
      were space maturing.

Comment

LP pickup selector gets in the way and knocked around when I play. That's why I only have a LPJr now
        Good Deals with: Snail_killer, myTakamine, C Fuzz, johnrambo, AnderMocs (x2), finboy, conky, themeanreds, masterwuhan, smrz, brandnewzo, Jisatsu, RoboPimp, itkindaworks, CrowShack, Coach, Leaves, Yarbicus, Raintes, jcm800stratman, -MBro-, smalltownsongs, TravvyBear, young_grandma, d_dave_c, homestar_kevin, cryptosonic, RockDaJoJo, Lonely Tourist, jhamnett, H.P. Lovecraft, killthehippies45, bikescene, delayed delay, christianatlBad Deals: Hello Music & Cascade Microphones

Comment

LP pickup selector gets in the way and knocked around when I play. That's why I only have a LPJr now
          Good Deals with: Snail_killer, myTakamine, C Fuzz, johnrambo, AnderMocs (x2), finboy, conky, themeanreds, masterwuhan, smrz, brandnewzo, Jisatsu, RoboPimp, itkindaworks, CrowShack, Coach, Leaves, Yarbicus, Raintes, jcm800stratman, -MBro-, smalltownsongs, TravvyBear, young_grandma, d_dave_c, homestar_kevin, cryptosonic, RockDaJoJo, Lonely Tourist, jhamnett, H.P. Lovecraft, killthehippies45, bikescene, delayed delay, christianatlBad Deals: Hello Music & Cascade Microphones

Comment

LPs strats and teles are not nearly SG-y enough for my taste
            great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
            SG ARMY

Comment

LPs strats and teles are not nearly SG-y enough for my taste
              great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
              SG ARMY

Comment

LP's are perfect in my book, for what they are. if your tiny little hands can't reach that 22nd fret you should probably be playing the violin.
                "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

LP's are perfect in my book, for what they are. if your tiny little hands can't reach that 22nd fret you should probably be playing the violin.
                  "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

Strat - Stupid wiring layout (no tone for bridge pickup, limited switching), flawed tremolo system, everything mounted to pickguard, pointless (to me) middle pickup, I also don't really like the body contours

Tele - No inherent problems as far as I'm concerned

Les Paul - Individual volume and tone knobs can make adjustments complicated
                    Spam:
                    Peavey Classic 30 - http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...3#post42751063

Comment

Strat - Stupid wiring layout (no tone for bridge pickup, limited switching), flawed tremolo system, everything mounted to pickguard, pointless (to me) middle pickup, I also don't really like the body contours

Tele - No inherent problems as far as I'm concerned

Les Paul - Individual volume and tone knobs can make adjustments complicated
                      Spam:
                      Peavey Classic 30 - http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...3#post42751063

Comment

How about this idea? The fault is not in the guitars. The limitation is in the players who don't know when to use the right tools for the right purposes, or have such a limited range of purposes so as not to need the tools.

Comment

How about this idea? The fault is not in the guitars. The limitation is in the players who don't know when to use the right tools for the right purposes, or have such a limited range of purposes so as not to need the tools.

Comment

Strat: Individual neck and middle tone controls (and no bridge tone) don't make sense. Make it a master volume and master tone, and replace the bridge pickup with a Tele bridge pickup. Best guitar ever.

Tele: Most of them don't have 22 frets. This is dumb. Otherwise, Teles are perfect.

Les Paul: 24.75" scale length and string spacing is icky. Pickup selector goes where? Oh right; right where I can punch every time I get excited and play my guitar.
                            Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

Maybe they cut Bin Laden open and found 14 million jobs inside of him

TRANSACTIONS WITH: JakeYanachek, StratAtak83, gener, Zlandicar, Inscho, TylerDurden24, cactuscool3r, coreopsisjay, GraceNotes, XanaduNEX, mfergel, mlabbee, hangwire, johnrambo, Small Stone, 6StrngStrangler, loomer415, EDS, thatmullingskid, TomCray , myTakamine, Sherwin, Belt, readymade, conky, sonaboy, cdawzrd, jackpotjewell, mcerreta, Overwhelmed987, thefragile103, zachary xxx, six acre lake

Comment

Strat: Individual neck and middle tone controls (and no bridge tone) don't make sense. Make it a master volume and master tone, and replace the bridge pickup with a Tele bridge pickup. Best guitar ever.

Tele: Most of them don't have 22 frets. This is dumb. Otherwise, Teles are perfect.

Les Paul: 24.75" scale length and string spacing is icky. Pickup selector goes where? Oh right; right where I can punch every time I get excited and play my guitar.
                              Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

Maybe they cut Bin Laden open and found 14 million jobs inside of him

TRANSACTIONS WITH: JakeYanachek, StratAtak83, gener, Zlandicar, Inscho, TylerDurden24, cactuscool3r, coreopsisjay, GraceNotes, XanaduNEX, mfergel, mlabbee, hangwire, johnrambo, Small Stone, 6StrngStrangler, loomer415, EDS, thatmullingskid, TomCray , myTakamine, Sherwin, Belt, readymade, conky, sonaboy, cdawzrd, jackpotjewell, mcerreta, Overwhelmed987, thefragile103, zachary xxx, six acre lake

Comment

Working...
                              X