Let

Zetor

• Members

Who uses one? Do you like them? What are some good ones? Etc.

I played recently guitar in a band for a musical and needed a wah pedal for a couple parts. I borrowed a Vox wah from a friend and it did the job. I have never really liked ordinary wah pedals, but autowahs interest me more for some reason. I guess I like the idea of using picking dynamics to control the effect rather than a treadle. That, and occasional Zappa binges...

Never owned one though, but the Maxon AF-9 sounds nice.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm happy with my Boss Dynamic Wah. I use it for Jerry Garcia-style stuff. It doesn't really capture the classic Mutron sound, but it's a heck of a lot easier to use than the Mutron clone I had before (3Leaf Proton). It also has the option to use a regular (sine?) wave to control the wah, like a phaser or tremolo, only with the wah effect. That sounds kind of cool although I haven't actually used it in concert that way.

• Members

I'm happy with my Boss Dynamic Wah. I use it for Jerry Garcia-style stuff. It doesn't really capture the classic Mutron sound, but it's a heck of a lot easier to use than the Mutron clone I had before (3Leaf Proton). It also has the option to use a regular (sine?) wave to control the wah, like a phaser or tremolo, only with the wah effect. That sounds kind of cool although I haven't actually used it in concert that way.

• Members

I thought PopIntoTheChemists (or whatever the hell it's called) demo was cool. I like how it wasn't so effecty. I have a tube zipper and it's a little crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86 View Post
I had an AF-9 I didn't find it all that awesome. It was good but I liked the original robotalk better. That said mooer released an auto wah which looks AF-9 based. I might give it go since I do want a small filter pedal

• Members

I thought PopIntoTheChemists (or whatever the hell it's called) demo was cool. I like how it wasn't so effecty. I have a tube zipper and it's a little crazy.

I had an AF-9 I didn't find it all that awesome. It was good but I liked the original robotalk better. That said mooer released an auto wah which looks AF-9 based. I might give it go since I do want a small filter pedal

• Members

There's an Oz Noy video where he's playing through a Robotalk 2 that just sounds amazing, I'd strongly consider that alongside any of the Mutron II/EHX Q-Tron stuff.

Ive always wanted a BassBalls as well, killer little pedals. The sound is so nostalgic that comes from em.

• Members

There's an Oz Noy video where he's playing through a Robotalk 2 that just sounds amazing, I'd strongly consider that alongside any of the Mutron II/EHX Q-Tron stuff.

Ive always wanted a BassBalls as well, killer little pedals. The sound is so nostalgic that comes from em.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tronus

View Post

What I mean though is it didn't trigger as nicely as the robotalk and the sound of the robo was more pleasing IMO. I've also been interested in the guyatone wah rockers as well.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tronus

View Post

What I mean though is it didn't trigger as nicely as the robotalk and the sound of the robo was more pleasing IMO. I've also been interested in the guyatone wah rockers as well.

• Members

Gotch ya. Scott Henderson and Oz both like that pedal as well... But both those guys are also endorsed by xotic. I'm sure it's a great pedal. Maybe I'll try one out sometime soon. Haven't gotten a unique pedal in a while. Just dirt, dirt, and more dirt... with a random wah trade (got rid of some dirt haha)

• Members

Gotch ya. Scott Henderson and Oz both like that pedal as well... But both those guys are also endorsed by xotic. I'm sure it's a great pedal. Maybe I'll try one out sometime soon. Haven't gotten a unique pedal in a while. Just dirt, dirt, and more dirt... with a random wah trade (got rid of some dirt haha)

Archived