I almost bought a Klon KTR last night

BHz_econo

• Members

I have to say, I've known a lot of people with Klon's over the years but never played one until a few months ago. I sat in with a friends band last month, his rig was a strat, original Klon, a Carbon Copy, into a DRRI with just a little hair on it. When I kicked on the Klon, it was pretty great sounding. Definitely got me interested in the new one.

• Members

Well the builder is getting the hype started again. According to Humbucker, when they contacted their buyer he said the Klon guy had "gone dark" and wasn't going to be building anymore anytime soon.

But remember, it isn't he that started all of the hype....

• Members

I still love mine. I used to use my Klon on my gigging board until they started selling for $1k, then I got scared to take it out of the house. With the KTR, it sounds exactly the same, and I can gig with my Klon again. It isn't perfect for every situation, but it's a great sounding OD. I've never heard a pedal I liked more with a Blackface Fender amp.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Blakemore Effects

View Post

I still love mine. I used to use my Klon on my gigging board until they started selling for $1k, then I got scared to take it out of the house. With the KTR, it sounds exactly the same, and I can gig with my Klon again. It isn't perfect for every situation, but it's a great sounding OD. I've never heard a pedal I liked more with a Blackface Fender amp.

what kind of amp you gig with blake?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk View Post
what kind of amp you gig with blake?
Depends on the band. My last two bands I've used my 6l6 Bogner Shiva. The Klon works great with the Shiva. I love using my baritone into the Klon. love.gif

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude View Post
I am glad you didn't James. Otherwise, if you wound up hating it, I would have tried to buy it from you. facepalm.gif
Buy my silver Klon! It definitely sounds $1000 better. icon_lol.gif

Archived