Who here actually cares about their straps?

Gremson

• Members

I've got a new bass on the way, and I realized that I've never had a nice strap... Maybe I should get one for it! I took a look at Couch and Soldier straps, looked at a few Levy's too, but I can't really give a {censored} about them.
Does anybody here put a lot of thought into what strap goes with their guitar? What do you like? Why do you like it? Where'd you get it? Give me a reason to get a cool strap.

And of course... Show your strap.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't, really...though I've been thinking about getting a Couch since I got my SG Standard. Somehow the purple Ernie Ball nylon strap just doesn't feel like it's doing it justice.

I usually just buy the cheapest straps I can find. My favorites are some tweed cotton straps I got from Carvin and a Wrangler denim strap I found at Walmart for $5. The denim strap is really comfortable and I would have gotten a bunch of them but it was the only one and I haven't found anymore since. Carvin doesn't sell the tweed straps anymore, either, though I think there are similar ones out there.

Speaking of straps, I'd like to share one of my cardinal rules of gigging: always bring an extra (or two or three). I played one gig where my guitarist didn't bring one (his gig bag got stolen at the last show and he forgot to put on in his backup) and didn't realize until about ten minutes before we were on. The other band's guitar player had some pain-in-the-ass straplocks that he refused to take off and their bassist also forgot a strap. So, since my guitarist has to sing and use his pedalboard...I ended up sitting on my amp through the show. The other bass player also ended up borrowing my strap and whined about it because he thought the tweed was "gay."

• Members

I don't, really...though I've been thinking about getting a Couch since I got my SG Standard. Somehow the purple Ernie Ball nylon strap just doesn't feel like it's doing it justice.

I usually just buy the cheapest straps I can find. My favorites are some tweed cotton straps I got from Carvin and a Wrangler denim strap I found at Walmart for $5. The denim strap is really comfortable and I would have gotten a bunch of them but it was the only one and I haven't found anymore since. Carvin doesn't sell the tweed straps anymore, either, though I think there are similar ones out there.

Speaking of straps, I'd like to share one of my cardinal rules of gigging: always bring an extra (or two or three). I played one gig where my guitarist didn't bring one (his gig bag got stolen at the last show and he forgot to put on in his backup) and didn't realize until about ten minutes before we were on. The other band's guitar player had some pain-in-the-ass straplocks that he refused to take off and their bassist also forgot a strap. So, since my guitarist has to sing and use his pedalboard...I ended up sitting on my amp through the show. The other bass player also ended up borrowing my strap and whined about it because he thought the tweed was "gay."

• Members

I've been given 2 Couch straps as gifts. Otherwise, I've pretty much always used those cheap Ernie Ball 2" straps. In fact, I've had the black EB strap that's on my acoustic for 10 years or longer. Nice/cool straps are fun though, too. I like my Couches... but they're simple. Just the black seatbelt ones.

• Members

I've been given 2 Couch straps as gifts. Otherwise, I've pretty much always used those cheap Ernie Ball 2" straps. In fact, I've had the black EB strap that's on my acoustic for 10 years or longer. Nice/cool straps are fun though, too. I like my Couches... but they're simple. Just the black seatbelt ones.

Archived