OT: HCFX, Lend Me Your Fashion Sensibilities: Boots

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

I'm looking to buy a pair of boots. I'd like to keep 'em
The must have characteristics are:

-waterproof
-not too heavy
-9-10" maximum
-majority must be black (some stiching/soles/logos acceptable)
-classic looking, not like gangsta lugz, futuristic snow boots, but also NOT cowboy boots
-pedal friendly would be good (not too much rise and not too bulky)

I was thinkin about the Dr. Marten 1460:

dr_martens_mens_1460_black-800x800.jpg

but I don't think they're waterproof...

Ok guys, what are you wearing this winter to keep them tootsies dry and toasty?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Fall

View Post

Those will keep your feet dry to a point, but as someone who has worn DM's for 25 years I won't buy them anymore as the quality just does not seem to be the same. I'd actually really like to get a pair of Vasque Bitteroot Gtx's or something by Keen.

I mean, unless you're running around jumping in puddles your feet are gonna stay dry.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Fall

View Post

Those will keep your feet dry to a point, but as someone who has worn DM's for 25 years I won't buy them anymore as the quality just does not seem to be the same. I'd actually really like to get a pair of Vasque Bitteroot Gtx's or something by Keen.

I mean, unless you're running around jumping in puddles your feet are gonna stay dry.

• Members

I've only been wearing Dr. Martens for 15 ish years, but I think the quality is fine. The 1460 is what I rock 75% of the time. And this winter I've been rocking them 100% of the time. They keep my feet dry and warm and they are comfy and right in your budget.

I'm picking up some 1461's this week and a pair of bronsons in oxblood for when I wanna class it up.
Love docs.

• Members

I've only been wearing Dr. Martens for 15 ish years, but I think the quality is fine. The 1460 is what I rock 75% of the time. And this winter I've been rocking them 100% of the time. They keep my feet dry and warm and they are comfy and right in your budget.

I'm picking up some 1461's this week and a pair of bronsons in oxblood for when I wanna class it up.
Love docs.

Archived