2012: The Year In PC

six acre lake

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ambient

View Post

I was hoping this thread was about computers, but it's just more whining

This.

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what's PC and what isn't. If someone has an issue with something I've said I make an effort to be polite around them. If it becomes a problem for me I don't associate with them anymore. Problem solved. Usually people bitching about the world being too PC are folks who are angry that they can't be bigots in public anymore without someone challenging them on it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ambient

View Post

I was hoping this thread was about computers, but it's just more whining

This.

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what's PC and what isn't. If someone has an issue with something I've said I make an effort to be polite around them. If it becomes a problem for me I don't associate with them anymore. Problem solved. Usually people bitching about the world being too PC are folks who are angry that they can't be bigots in public anymore without someone challenging them on it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Banned

View Post

This.

I'm on board with this post.

The writer of that article sounds like a doosh... crappy article IMO. Sorry SAL.

I don't take issue with our culture having a general awareness to how other people feel. And in my experience the people who complain about political correctedness are usually hypocrites because they're often the types who get their egos stepped on easily and make a big fuss over it. I have no patience for that.

• Members

View Post

This.

I'm on board with this post.

The writer of that article sounds like a doosh... crappy article IMO. Sorry SAL.

I don't take issue with our culture having a general awareness to how other people feel. And in my experience the people who complain about political correctedness are usually hypocrites because they're often the types who get their egos stepped on easily and make a big fuss over it. I have no patience for that.

• Members

View Post

Usually people bitching about the world being too PC are folks who are angry that they can't be bigots in public anymore without someone challenging them on it.

/thread

The comments section on that article made me laugh and despair out loud.

• Members

View Post

Usually people bitching about the world being too PC are folks who are angry that they can't be bigots in public anymore without someone challenging them on it.

/thread

The comments section on that article made me laugh and despair out loud.

• Members

When did "PC" become a synonym for treating others with respect?

Yeppers.

• Members

When did "PC" become a synonym for treating others with respect?

Yeppers.

Archived