Home Recording/Jamming/Amp Sim Software

|||||

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction View Post
amplitube is good and small/standard version is for free!

But i like preamps with SpeakerSim/LineOut like the line6 Pod, Tech21 pedals, Damage Control tube-preamp etc.
are you using the speakersim pedals in to the amplitube? i'm looking at one of the joyo clones of the tech21 pedals to go last in my chain and then in to my computer. is this similar to your setup?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by |||||

View Post

are you using the speakersim pedals in to the amplitube? i'm looking at one of the joyo clones of the tech21 pedals to go last in my chain and then in to my computer. is this similar to your setup?

no, i go direct into the rec-mixer or interface with the speakersim out... Amplitube is just a different option and an all in one software thing. all you need is just an interface for your copmuter/D.A.W. to connect with the guitar.

• Members

i've got a presonus firestudio mobile i've been using when i go ampless. i've had some luck with my pedals sounding okay in to amplitube and pod farm. just wondering if anyone out there has a better solution. i wouldn't mind getting the joyo ac tone but not really sure how to work it in to the chain when running in to my computer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by scolfax

View Post

Yamaha THR10 - Amp simulator w/ effects, guitar interface, & monitors all in one. Can also be used as a stellar practice amp!

Outstanding little amp! It sounds really great at whisper volumes. Not really loud by itself (2x3.5 Hi-Fi speakers), but you can run the earphone out of the THR into a larger amp. Can be edited on the computer and saved to five presets. To my ears it sounds like you're playing through a small studio more than a small amp.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ||||| View Post
i've got a presonus firestudio mobile i've been using when i go ampless. i've had some luck with my pedals sounding okay in to amplitube and pod farm. just wondering if anyone out there has a better solution. i wouldn't mind getting the joyo ac tone but not really sure how to work it in to the chain when running in to my computer.
just did it a few times and it was not bad IIRC - but i guess it depends on the settings, gear/pedal and the "style" of music. Highgain was just a pain to set amplitubes mics right. Had no problems with clean sounds...

the right setting of the input and master level + the right mic placement is the key in amplitube...

Archived