X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Recording/Jamming/Amp Sim Software

My new roommates aren't thrilled about having amps on past 8pm. What pedal friendly amp sims are people using?
    good deals with: harryjmic, yem, jhamnett, cleverbastid, dminner, aporcelainsky, Gearhunter, Dingle-B, tsunamijesus, flcmcya, Jules-RM, knives490, almost enough, teletaylor, renula, loderman13, delayed delay, souperman08, Crucial Kyle, vangkm

formally known as sondeladick

amplitube is good and small/standard version is for free!

But i like preamps with SpeakerSim/LineOut like the line6 Pod, Tech21 pedals, Damage Control tube-preamp etc.
    Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Beat up your new roommates until they fear you like they should.

Comment

Tech 21 character series reacts well to pedals. Zoom G3 is a good all in one solution. Haven't really ever used any of the software sims.
        Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

I flip flop between Softube Vintage Amp Room and Amplitube 3, both are really nice.
          Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BAXANDALL
            View Post

Beat up your new roommates until they fear you like they should.

This or a Zoom G3 would fit these requirements.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction
              View Post

amplitube is good and small/standard version is for free!

But i like preamps with SpeakerSim/LineOut like the line6 Pod, Tech21 pedals, Damage Control tube-preamp etc.

are you using the speakersim pedals in to the amplitube? i'm looking at one of the joyo clones of the tech21 pedals to go last in my chain and then in to my computer. is this similar to your setup?
              good deals with: harryjmic, yem, jhamnett, cleverbastid, dminner, aporcelainsky, Gearhunter, Dingle-B, tsunamijesus, flcmcya, Jules-RM, knives490, almost enough, teletaylor, renula, loderman13, delayed delay, souperman08, Crucial Kyle, vangkm

Comment

Yamaha THR10 - Amp simulator w/ effects, guitar interface, & monitors all in one. Can also be used as a stellar practice amp!
                New stuff every day on Gain!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by |||||
                  View Post

are you using the speakersim pedals in to the amplitube? i'm looking at one of the joyo clones of the tech21 pedals to go last in my chain and then in to my computer. is this similar to your setup?

no, i go direct into the rec-mixer or interface with the speakersim out... Amplitube is just a different option and an all in one software thing. all you need is just an interface for your copmuter/D.A.W. to connect with the guitar.
                  Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

i've got a presonus firestudio mobile i've been using when i go ampless. i've had some luck with my pedals sounding okay in to amplitube and pod farm. just wondering if anyone out there has a better solution. i wouldn't mind getting the joyo ac tone but not really sure how to work it in to the chain when running in to my computer.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by scolfax
                      View Post

Yamaha THR10 - Amp simulator w/ effects, guitar interface, & monitors all in one. Can also be used as a stellar practice amp!

Outstanding little amp! It sounds really great at whisper volumes. Not really loud by itself (2x3.5 Hi-Fi speakers), but you can run the earphone out of the THR into a larger amp. Can be edited on the computer and saved to five presets. To my ears it sounds like you're playing through a small studio more than a small amp.
                      “One who loves & understands nature will never be alone & will never be afraid.”
                      -Rachel Carson-

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by |||||
                        View Post

i've got a presonus firestudio mobile i've been using when i go ampless. i've had some luck with my pedals sounding okay in to amplitube and pod farm. just wondering if anyone out there has a better solution. i wouldn't mind getting the joyo ac tone but not really sure how to work it in to the chain when running in to my computer.

just did it a few times and it was not bad IIRC - but i guess it depends on the settings, gear/pedal and the "style" of music. Highgain was just a pain to set amplitubes mics right. Had no problems with clean sounds...

the right setting of the input and master level + the right mic placement is the key in amplitube...

Comment

Amplitube 3, the free version has several really nice amp models and I personally use the Fender Twin model from the custom shop most.

Comment

Working...
                          X