X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your always on pedal...

Thinking mainly in terms of comp/drive/boost used to establish your base tone -- if your amp just doesn't get you there. That Mascis rig video made me realize it might be a common thing (even "clean" he uses a TubeDriver, and said he always has something on)

I've got a Silverface Princeton (no reverb), which sounds good for super clean stuff, but generally I like just a little grit at least when I push really hard. The amp really doesn't do that. So I generally have SOMETHING on for dynamics - SFT, DLS, DD30, Deluxe Cream Pie.... all of which is set with the gain fairly low and I'll stack them for more dirt.

Anyone else? Name it and your amp (and how you run the amp if you want). And if you gig, do you find you've got to add something to your bedroom setup to help fill that 'x' variable that is amp gig volume?

Orange Squeezer
    Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
    likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

Orange Squeezer
      Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
      likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

Boss OD3
        Good Trades/Deals

ReverbNation - Honest Thieves
        FaceBook - Honest Thieves

Music
        Jars of Clay - MuteMath - Foo Fighters - Smashing Pumpkins - Led Zeppelin - Iron & Wine (to relax by)

Comment

Boss OD3
          Good Trades/Deals

ReverbNation - Honest Thieves
          FaceBook - Honest Thieves

Music
          Jars of Clay - MuteMath - Foo Fighters - Smashing Pumpkins - Led Zeppelin - Iron & Wine (to relax by)

Comment

Electro Harmonix English Muff'n. Been using a Fender Bassman 100 head -has tons of headroom & no gain so the Muff'n is the ticket. A Marshall Plexi in a box.

Comment

Electro Harmonix English Muff'n. Been using a Fender Bassman 100 head -has tons of headroom & no gain so the Muff'n is the ticket. A Marshall Plexi in a box.

Comment

good deals w/ pbone, sh333, homestar_kevin, johnrambo, the future king, MrMunky, Iamtehcure, miggy01, hangwire, pfindeis, Virex, orangesix, PurpleStrat, Exdeath, nickthebrick, devi ever, Crxshdxmmy, heykenny, letsgocoyote, Scarlet Theory, Free the Guilty, fruvai, friendlybunny, yannickbasset, duderanimous, vintageroad, jgs61, Vinhoff, leer43, hurleysurf, zygoat, lewzer, sodium_23, M-dawg, thefragile103, Blewbyou, StopReferencing, itkindaworks, Amplifier Worship

Comment

good deals w/ pbone, sh333, homestar_kevin, johnrambo, the future king, MrMunky, Iamtehcure, miggy01, hangwire, pfindeis, Virex, orangesix, PurpleStrat, Exdeath, nickthebrick, devi ever, Crxshdxmmy, heykenny, letsgocoyote, Scarlet Theory, Free the Guilty, fruvai, friendlybunny, yannickbasset, duderanimous, vintageroad, jgs61, Vinhoff, leer43, hurleysurf, zygoat, lewzer, sodium_23, M-dawg, thefragile103, Blewbyou, StopReferencing, itkindaworks, Amplifier Worship

Comment

nothing, my clean needs to be the base
                    FOR SALEBruno Royal Artist 12 string hollowbody $525Tapco 6000R spring reverb mixer

Comment

nothing, my clean needs to be the base
                      FOR SALEBruno Royal Artist 12 string hollowbody $525Tapco 6000R spring reverb mixer

Comment

SHO
                        http://www.myspace.com/wingsofdedalo

Comment

SHO
                          http://www.myspace.com/wingsofdedalo

Comment

NS-2, pretty boring answer, eh?

Comment

NS-2, pretty boring answer, eh?

Comment

Working...