Is the Pro Co RAT good at cutting through live mix?

Elessar [Sly]

• Members

I haven't had a RAT for years, and when I did I never used it in a live situation with two guitarists. My MIJ '88 DS-2 is aggressive, but I want to replace it. contary to popular belief, the MIJ DS-2 is closer sounding to a fuzz (but not quite there). Hence I thought the RAT might be a good choice as replacement. The DS-2 does cut through the mix.

I was also looking at the EQD Monarch, but I'd like to see if the RAT would work instead.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau View Post
"cuts like a knife".
if you think the DS-2 sounds like a fuzz, you may think the same thing about a RAT because imo they sound like a fuzz when the distortion knob is near maxed. i use mine for low-med gain.
The rat I had before was similar the this MIJ DS-2, but again I never used it in a band situation with two guitarists. I just need to find one cheap online.

I'm assuming the RAT will work well with a fuzz buffered Wah?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau View Post
"cuts like a knife".
if you think the DS-2 sounds like a fuzz, you may think the same thing about a RAT because imo they sound like a fuzz when the distortion knob is near maxed. i use mine for low-med gain.
The rat I had before was similar the this MIJ DS-2, but again I never used it in a band situation with two guitarists. I just need to find one cheap online.

I'm assuming the RAT will work well with a fuzz buffered Wah?

Archived