anyone ever make you want to quit playing?

Y0UNGBL00D

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this wasnt talent so much as is was a band of kids (oldest 14, youngest 12. {censored}ing 12) that actually got it. noise rock, that sounded original, and they had the gear, the stgae presence....looked like they had been playing for 20 years. these are kids in {censored}ing middle school that rock harder than anyone here, with gear that would make anyone here respectful if not jealous. at the end, the kid had rocked his jazzy off of his gangly shoulders, raked the mic across his strings, laid it to the side to feed back, picked his fender combo up over his head and shook it, picked up his pedalboard (laden with dwarfcraft, death by audio, etc.) and did something similar...just the kind of stage destruction that is GOOD, and not green day slamming their instruments down. i was blown away.

but their dads were the two closest to the stage. KIND of brought it into perspective icon_lol.gif

• Members

this wasnt talent so much as is was a band of kids (oldest 14, youngest 12. {censored}ing 12) that actually got it. noise rock, that sounded original, and they had the gear, the stgae presence....looked like they had been playing for 20 years. these are kids in {censored}ing middle school that rock harder than anyone here, with gear that would make anyone here respectful if not jealous. at the end, the kid had rocked his jazzy off of his gangly shoulders, raked the mic across his strings, laid it to the side to feed back, picked his fender combo up over his head and shook it, picked up his pedalboard (laden with dwarfcraft, death by audio, etc.) and did something similar...just the kind of stage destruction that is GOOD, and not green day slamming their instruments down. i was blown away.

but their dads were the two closest to the stage. KIND of brought it into perspective icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post

Their Dads are also the reason they have any of that gear.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post

Their Dads are also the reason they have any of that gear.

• Members

Kal David makes me want to quit. A 71-year-old Chicago Bluesman who practices his craft in Palm Springs, CA. He has the greatest tone (Gibson Firebird into a Roland Cube) and he's funny and plays absolutely stellar guitar.

I'm not even a blues player, but it hardly matters. Hearing him is just humbling.

• Members

Kal David makes me want to quit. A 71-year-old Chicago Bluesman who practices his craft in Palm Springs, CA. He has the greatest tone (Gibson Firebird into a Roland Cube) and he's funny and plays absolutely stellar guitar.

I'm not even a blues player, but it hardly matters. Hearing him is just humbling.

Archived