New Hag Day (I got F-Holed)

• Members

Hagstrom Deuce F. First new guitar in 4 years. Really liking it but will give it a true test this weekend. My first semi hollow and 25.5" scale so a bit different than what I'm familiar with. The neck feels just a hair thinner than my LP studio which I kinda like and the "resonator" board plays really smooth. I like. Hate the tuners but have some Grovers in the mail. Need to raise the action a little, dial in the pups and beat the new off the strings.

6D8F1215-DCDC-4493-899E-0D7A1B60B376-163
9207BE0C-DC2F-4ACD-BD1A-6A0DA4207D28-163

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks guys, I'm pretty stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
That looks really cool! Is it fairly light?
It's a tad lighter than my weight relieved LP studio...I'd guess just under 8 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by riff ie View Post
nice + that tail piece looks comfy as a velvet glove...
I like em big. I like em chunky. thumb.gif

• Members

Pretty sweet. Is it a semi hollow on both sides, or just the side with the F hole? The OCD in me wants to see 2 F holes on both sides, maybe one reason why I'm going to sell my Agile Harm.

Still, looks very nice.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by IRG View Post
Pretty sweet. Is it a semi hollow on both sides, or just the side with the F hole? The OCD in me wants to see 2 F holes on both sides, maybe one reason why I'm going to sell my Agile Harm.

Still, looks very nice.
Hollowed only on the F side (I believe). Need to open it up tonight and monkey with the tone knobs, they feel a bit loose. String tensions a bitch, my fingers hurt. freak.gif

• Members

Congrats dude, looks badass!

I'm used to my LP Custom scale too so my Maton BB1200 felt strange at first for sure! The neck sounds very similar to yours, 25.5" scale and a bit thinner than the Gibson. I actually use the same strings on both (DR Tite Fit 11-50) but the Maton had to go down a 1/2 step to C# standard. Feels perfect now, right at home on it. thumb.gif

Archived