Suhr Riot or Ibanez SM7

dmhi11

• Members

i've never had an sm7, but i did own a riot. it's fairly amp interactive, so that's going to affect things quite a bit, but i would not say it's a pedal geared towards thundering low end. it's more of a marshall style mid range almost hair metal kind of distortion. it's a {censored}ing killer pedal, but it might not be what you're looking for.

• Members

^I'm gonna have to second that...

For me, the Riot lacked just low end. Imo it's more in the middsy crunchy hot rodded marshall territory. Nice for leads, especially with the right amp. But pricey for what it does impo, nothing ground breaking even if you're into 80s hair metal, or whatever the target market for the riot is.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

View Post

i like my joyo us dream.

Same here. It's suposed to be a Suhr Riot knock-off. That being said I agree with what's already been stated. It is great at cutting through and has great mids, but would say it's got very strong low end. Not that that's a bad thing for this pedal. I've never found that it lacks, or limits the low end, just that it doesn't add any. Still can get good thump, but with great mid definition.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by dmhi11

View Post

I'm torn. I like the idea of mix and match distortions through a good clean amp but part of me is saying just buy a new high gain amp.

Clean amp + new high gain amp + good aby pedal switch = problem solved

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ben_allison View Post
Riot has natural, grungy quality that I've never ward elsewhere... except in my Uproar clone! But the actual Riot still had a slight edge on my clone.

It really is special.

I remember your demo unleashed the pwnies.

Archived