Press Release: New Fender Competition series effects

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe
    View Post

That's the first time I've ever heard of it, yet alone seen it.

From Fender's site:

The Fender Runaway Feedback Pedal is a natural feedback simulator that lets guitarists create feedback-type sounds easily and at any volume. Developed as a collaboration with Softube, the feedback effect can be added and controlled simply by adjusting the controls and engaging the "expression pedal" which responds to vibrato, bends, slides and tremolo. Controllable harmonic content and "wet only" signal options add great tonal flexibility to a pedal that encourages creativity, experimentation and fun.

Realistic feedback simulation

Feedback level knob controls amount of feedback effect

Tolerance knob controls the sensitivity

Harmonic selector switch lets you choose among fundamental, upper-fifth and sub-octave harmonics in different preset combinations

"Expression" pedal lets feedback fade in and out

LED indicates feedback effect use

"Full Wet" switch simulates backward-recording effects

One-year limited warranty

Included power supply

Softube is a EU based plugin company, and a darned good one, so that is reason enough to give one a try at NAMM if I can.

I have the Softube feedback plugin, it's great!
    http://rosecassidy.bandcamp.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe
      View Post

That's the first time I've ever heard of it, yet alone seen it.

From Fender's site:

The Fender Runaway Feedback Pedal is a natural feedback simulator that lets guitarists create feedback-type sounds easily and at any volume. Developed as a collaboration with Softube, the feedback effect can be added and controlled simply by adjusting the controls and engaging the "expression pedal" which responds to vibrato, bends, slides and tremolo. Controllable harmonic content and "wet only" signal options add great tonal flexibility to a pedal that encourages creativity, experimentation and fun.

Realistic feedback simulation

Feedback level knob controls amount of feedback effect

Tolerance knob controls the sensitivity

Harmonic selector switch lets you choose among fundamental, upper-fifth and sub-octave harmonics in different preset combinations

"Expression" pedal lets feedback fade in and out

LED indicates feedback effect use

"Full Wet" switch simulates backward-recording effects

One-year limited warranty

Included power supply

Softube is a EU based plugin company, and a darned good one, so that is reason enough to give one a try at NAMM if I can.

I have the Softube feedback plugin, it's great!

Comment

Awful looking Fender, they look like 90s chinese toy pedals. Not even beginners deserve this kind of awfulness!

Good deals lonk

Comment

Awful looking Fender, they look like 90s chinese toy pedals. Not even beginners deserve this kind of awfulness!

Good deals lonk

Comment

Disgusting. Fender, don't even bother.

That's two disappointments already, including the Ditto. I hope NAMM has better **************** than this!
            Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Disgusting. Fender, don't even bother.

That's two disappointments already, including the Ditto. I hope NAMM has better **************** than this!
              Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

I've seen the feedback thing some where already. I think there is a fender demo vid out there in the webs
                Decolonize

Comment

I've seen the feedback thing some where already. I think there is a fender demo vid out there in the webs
                  Decolonize

Comment

Mono-in and stereo out for the delay and the chorus. Annoying!
                    New stuff every day on Gain!

Comment

Mono-in and stereo out for the delay and the chorus. Annoying!
                      New stuff every day on Gain!

Comment

Squier > Fender.

Comment

Squier > Fender.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by 4nd3h
                            View Post

phil i swear you posted about the feedbacker before

apparently it sucks. some dude on here (hcfx) played one at a store.

That's certainly possible, but if I did, I don't remember it. And that seems kind of surprising, since the Softube collaboration is something I find interesting - I would have been more likely to remember it because of that if I had seen it previously.

I know for a fact I've never been hands-on with one, or heard it in person, so whomever thought it sucked, it wasn't me. I haven't heard it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to YouTube and Fender's site to see if I can find any demos.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by 4nd3h
                              View Post

phil i swear you posted about the feedbacker before

apparently it sucks. some dude on here (hcfx) played one at a store.

That's certainly possible, but if I did, I don't remember it. And that seems kind of surprising, since the Softube collaboration is something I find interesting - I would have been more likely to remember it because of that if I had seen it previously.

I know for a fact I've never been hands-on with one, or heard it in person, so whomever thought it sucked, it wasn't me. I haven't heard it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to YouTube and Fender's site to see if I can find any demos.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaMEdWHiLno

Actually, I think that sounds kind of interesting. Like a cross between an ebow and a Boss FB2.

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X