Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delays with modulation: What's your faaaaavvy?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moustache_Bash
    started a topic Delays with modulation: What's your faaaaavvy?

Delays with modulation: What's your faaaaavvy?

My dad won't let me get snake bite piercings for my birthday.

So, what delay with modulation should I get instead?

I want one that does this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EwUGvPTOrU

• thom
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish
    View Post

The Moog is different in that it's not as spacious and ethereal. The Skrecho has a lot of reverb added to both the repeats and the modulation. It's very open and spacey. The Moog, from what I can tell

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish
    View Post

The Moog is different in that it's not as spacious and ethereal. The Skrecho has a lot of reverb added to both the repeats and the modulation. It's very open and spacey. The Moog, from what I can tell

Leave a comment:

• spoonie g
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor.
    View Post

I've never had a big box but the headroom on this one seems just fine. I'm constantly throwing dirt and boost at it and it never clips.

Hmmm wonder if the newer ones are better about that? My big box used to clip pretty readily too (but maybe that was part of its magic?).

Leave a comment:

• spoonie g
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor.
    View Post

I've never had a big box but the headroom on this one seems just fine. I'm constantly throwing dirt and boost at it and it never clips.

Hmmm wonder if the newer ones are better about that? My big box used to clip pretty readily too (but maybe that was part of its magic?).

Leave a comment:

• Taylor.
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe
    View Post

How's the headroom on those?

I had a big box DMM years ago. Classic pedal. Killer modulation. Unfortunately, I was constantly clipping the thing.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor.
    replied

View Post

How's the headroom on those?

I had a big box DMM years ago. Classic pedal. Killer modulation. Unfortunately, I was constantly clipping the thing.

Leave a comment:

• AngryGoldfish
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by thom
    View Post

Damn, getting cursious about the skrecho myself now. Can't find a used one anyway, and I'm already knee deep in sweet sweet delay pedals

How does it compare to the moogs though, they're abot the only real competition I know of. By 'real' I obviously mean 'similarly stupid expensive'

Leave a comment:

• AngryGoldfish
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by thom
    View Post

Damn, getting cursious about the skrecho myself now. Can't find a used one anyway, and I'm already knee deep in sweet sweet delay pedals

How does it compare to the moogs though, they're abot the only real competition I know of. By 'real' I obviously mean 'similarly stupid expensive'

Leave a comment:

• Prince Squid
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey
    View Post

Best I have heard is Deville Dark Echo (and I own a DMM).

Totally this! It's an all in all wonderful delay, and the the modulation is sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Prince Squid
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey
    View Post

Best I have heard is Deville Dark Echo (and I own a DMM).

Totally this! It's an all in all wonderful delay, and the the modulation is sweet.

Leave a comment:

• alien
    replied

View Post

Quite possibly the finest sounding modulation of any delay pedal that I've ever heard. There's just something really compelling and magical about the Skrecho's modulation that I really, really love. Having said that, it's definitely more than $200, so probably not in the cards for the OP.

skrecho and casteldine vibe was so trippy it WAS LIKE i was in a ROOM FULL of MIRRORRRS i was like o M GGGGGGGG look at eht cholours

Leave a comment:

• alien
    replied

View Post

Quite possibly the finest sounding modulation of any delay pedal that I've ever heard. There's just something really compelling and magical about the Skrecho's modulation that I really, really love. Having said that, it's definitely more than $200, so probably not in the cards for the OP.

skrecho and casteldine vibe was so trippy it WAS LIKE i was in a ROOM FULL of MIRRORRRS i was like o M GGGGGGGG look at eht cholours

Leave a comment:

• MathiasWilliam
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by Capsule
    View Post

This.

Leave a comment:

• MathiasWilliam
    replied

Quote Originally Posted by Capsule
    View Post

This.