Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delays with modulation: What's your faaaaavvy?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Carbon Copy and a Delaylab. Don't really use the modulation on either of them. I love my Carbon Copy, but was never able to dig the modulation. Kind of been wanting to switch to the Malekko, just to have easier access to adjusting the mod if I ever want to use it. However, the other guitarist in our band has a DD-7, and likes to use the mod delay a lot live, and it always sounds so sweet. I'm just not a huge fan of the "chorus-y" sound, but with the DD-7 it just sounds like straight pitch vibrato is added to the mix. I could be wrong.
    dis ma band: CAPTIONS.This one time, at our bandcamp...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Moustache_Bash
      View Post

My dad won't let me get snake bite piercings for my birthday.

So, what delay with modulation should I get instead?

I want one that does this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EwUGvPTOrU

Get a Prince Albert - probably less painful than listening to that.

Comment

View Post

My dad won't let me get snake bite piercings for my birthday.

So, what delay with modulation should I get instead?

I want one that does this:

Get a Prince Albert - probably less painful than listening to that.

Comment

Best I have heard is Deville Dark Echo (and I own a DMM).

Comment

Best I have heard is Deville Dark Echo (and I own a DMM).

Comment

DMM

Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

DMM

Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

View Post

True that.

Thanks to companyman, though, I was able to score a Disaster Transport for $140. Yay.

Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
                  likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

View Post

True that.

Thanks to companyman, though, I was able to score a Disaster Transport for $140. Yay.

Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
                    likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

Skreddy Echo
                      Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Skreddy Echo
                        Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Haven't tried that many, but I can't think of a single one I would NOT want in my collection. Way huge, TC electronics, malleko, boss, EHX, EQD, MXR,...Plus the other modelers like the DL4, Superdelay, delaylab...I'm having the hardest time deciding on just one myself

There should be a 616 on it's way to me, but I'm already looking for stuff to replace it just in case it lets me down

Not a deal breaker, but for me, with all the stiff competition out there, I'd start by narrowing it down to:

-True Bypass. Not a huge deal I guess, maybe more a pet peeve of mine.

-Analog. Unless you go all out with a digital modeler that has a ton of presets and gizmos.

-NOT made in the far east. Also sort of a pet peeve I guess. I obviously don't live by this rule, as it's impossible. Sometimes it's just too hard to resist. But there's more than enough affordable delay peds out there, too many to resort to mooer/biyang/whatever imo. So if you could do yourself a favour AND not support an economy that's a threat to the rest of the world... I'd say it'd make sense to look at american/european products first

Sorry, derailing. And I just now read you went with the disaster transport. Good choice guess, based on the clips and on EQD's reputation. Haven't messed with it myself, but I can highly recommend EQD stuff in general. Stand up doods, high end stuff, non-booteek prices.

Comment

Haven't tried that many, but I can't think of a single one I would NOT want in my collection. Way huge, TC electronics, malleko, boss, EHX, EQD, MXR,...Plus the other modelers like the DL4, Superdelay, delaylab...I'm having the hardest time deciding on just one myself

There should be a 616 on it's way to me, but I'm already looking for stuff to replace it just in case it lets me down

Not a deal breaker, but for me, with all the stiff competition out there, I'd start by narrowing it down to:

-True Bypass. Not a huge deal I guess, maybe more a pet peeve of mine.

-Analog. Unless you go all out with a digital modeler that has a ton of presets and gizmos.

-NOT made in the far east. Also sort of a pet peeve I guess. I obviously don't live by this rule, as it's impossible. Sometimes it's just too hard to resist. But there's more than enough affordable delay peds out there, too many to resort to mooer/biyang/whatever imo. So if you could do yourself a favour AND not support an economy that's a threat to the rest of the world... I'd say it'd make sense to look at american/european products first

Sorry, derailing. And I just now read you went with the disaster transport. Good choice guess, based on the clips and on EQD's reputation. Haven't messed with it myself, but I can highly recommend EQD stuff in general. Stand up doods, high end stuff, non-booteek prices.

Comment

The dlx memory man mod is something magical. I've never been able to recreate it. That being said, the skreddy and el capistan have close seconds for me. Unless, of course we're talking about tape, which is the king (space echo, etc.).
                              Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

Comment

The dlx memory man mod is something magical. I've never been able to recreate it. That being said, the skreddy and el capistan have close seconds for me. Unless, of course we're talking about tape, which is the king (space echo, etc.).
                                Formerly known as Spoonie G.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7874/spoileri.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X