Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Plectrum Thread

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Its all about Dunlop Tortex! Purples for electric, greens for acoustics.
    | Fender | Gibson | Two-Rock |


    Hear it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMWwDV2_MU0

    Comment


    • #92




      My favourites. I just found out that if you google Ultex 1.0, a picture of my Tele comes up. Fascinating.
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

      Comment


      • #93




        My favourites. I just found out that if you google Ultex 1.0, a picture of my Tele comes up. Fascinating.
        Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

        Comment


        • #94
          derble perst

          Comment


          • #95
            derble perst

            Comment


            • #96
              Look...



              A fingah!



              jk i dont know what pick i like, they all wear out really fast. i play with my fingers a lot when i'm just with friends though.

              Comment


              • #97
                Look...



                A fingah!



                jk i dont know what pick i like, they all wear out really fast. i play with my fingers a lot when i'm just with friends though.

                Comment


                • #98






                  Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones
                  View Post

                  I'll definitely be trying them. The point seems more rounded on them than the regular red JazzIII's though. I might have to file them a bit to get them to my liking.




                  I'm not aware if there's a difference between the red and black ones but I can't see any difference in shape between the regular black ones I used to use and the carbon fiber ones.
                  Faith precedes comprehension.: Norcal_GIT_r, vintage clubber, delayed delay(2x), PunkRocker33133, easyliver, Leisure Lee, meowy, TheCardiacKid, Mdsmithii, coryaedwards, finnster, ibanez_dude, Aaron SS, theguitarist182, Crxsh, johnnyunitas, t-rey, DSmithGuitars: 62 CIJ Strat, 82 Carvin DC200K, Tak EF350MCAmps: Egnater Tweaker, Crate V3112, VOX DA5Pedals: SHOD, Timmy, Nova Delay, DLS, HoofSale/trade: GFS trem block, Small Clone, Malekko Trem, Hoof Fuzz, TU-3

                  Comment


                  • #99






                    Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones
                    View Post

                    I'll definitely be trying them. The point seems more rounded on them than the regular red JazzIII's though. I might have to file them a bit to get them to my liking.




                    I'm not aware if there's a difference between the red and black ones but I can't see any difference in shape between the regular black ones I used to use and the carbon fiber ones.
                    Faith precedes comprehension.: Norcal_GIT_r, vintage clubber, delayed delay(2x), PunkRocker33133, easyliver, Leisure Lee, meowy, TheCardiacKid, Mdsmithii, coryaedwards, finnster, ibanez_dude, Aaron SS, theguitarist182, Crxsh, johnnyunitas, t-rey, DSmithGuitars: 62 CIJ Strat, 82 Carvin DC200K, Tak EF350MCAmps: Egnater Tweaker, Crate V3112, VOX DA5Pedals: SHOD, Timmy, Nova Delay, DLS, HoofSale/trade: GFS trem block, Small Clone, Malekko Trem, Hoof Fuzz, TU-3

                    Comment


                    • I mainly use .50 Tortex reds. Sometimes I go with the .60's



                      I don't know, thick picks just feel weird to me. People give me **************** for using .50's and say I might as well just use a piece of paper, but I feel like I can dig in and be more more dynamic with my playing as opposed to using heavy picks
                      http://crosswalkcosmonaut.bandcamp.com

                      Good deals Wesleyryanlynch, teleman, drasp, aporcelainsky (x2), ecdrevolution, morningstaru, jlantsberger, elxchino, vertigo_, sixstring531, Jim Hunter, Bsc1307, Harry_Manback1, vicenzajay, mitre, tb_308, hagerty, TheCardiacKid (x2), Echoes22, Estaban22, loosegroove, Stazinish, Facing Failure, Ro_tripps, thezeng, marchofflames (x3), nightraven, V, TomCray, Green Jacket, soholounge, Henry_13, Preservation (x3), sommy, Phil_Dawg, Randel_07, fruvai

                      Comment


                      • I mainly use .50 Tortex reds. Sometimes I go with the .60's



                        I don't know, thick picks just feel weird to me. People give me **************** for using .50's and say I might as well just use a piece of paper, but I feel like I can dig in and be more more dynamic with my playing as opposed to using heavy picks
                        http://crosswalkcosmonaut.bandcamp.com

                        Good deals Wesleyryanlynch, teleman, drasp, aporcelainsky (x2), ecdrevolution, morningstaru, jlantsberger, elxchino, vertigo_, sixstring531, Jim Hunter, Bsc1307, Harry_Manback1, vicenzajay, mitre, tb_308, hagerty, TheCardiacKid (x2), Echoes22, Estaban22, loosegroove, Stazinish, Facing Failure, Ro_tripps, thezeng, marchofflames (x3), nightraven, V, TomCray, Green Jacket, soholounge, Henry_13, Preservation (x3), sommy, Phil_Dawg, Randel_07, fruvai

                        Comment








                        • Quote Originally Posted by brandnewzo
                          View Post

                          I mainly use .50 Tortex reds. Sometimes I go with the .60's



                          I don't know, thick picks just feel weird to me. People give me **************** for using .50's and say I might as well just use a piece of paper, but I feel like I can dig in and be more more dynamic with my playing as opposed to using heavy picks




                          I think there is some truth to this, but I couldn't use something that thin on an electric - too slow in response for me.



                          Previous to using the Hercos, I was a major V-Pick user. I loved the fact that they allowed me to loosen my grip on the pick and still get a lot of volume - the problem was the clicky attack and the chirping when I struck the string at particular angles. And yeah - if you're playing through effects or an amp that has a really dynamic input sensitivity it's a lot harder to control those dynamics with a super heavy pick. So I tried the Herco Flex 75 and there it was - all of the dynamic content I was missing using the thick V-Picks was there. The Hercos are thick enough at the grip surface that I can relax my hand, rigid enough to pick fast and not have it feel like it's lagging at all, and soft enough to be able to back off for more delicate stuff.

                          Comment








                          • Quote Originally Posted by brandnewzo
                            View Post

                            I mainly use .50 Tortex reds. Sometimes I go with the .60's



                            I don't know, thick picks just feel weird to me. People give me **************** for using .50's and say I might as well just use a piece of paper, but I feel like I can dig in and be more more dynamic with my playing as opposed to using heavy picks




                            I think there is some truth to this, but I couldn't use something that thin on an electric - too slow in response for me.



                            Previous to using the Hercos, I was a major V-Pick user. I loved the fact that they allowed me to loosen my grip on the pick and still get a lot of volume - the problem was the clicky attack and the chirping when I struck the string at particular angles. And yeah - if you're playing through effects or an amp that has a really dynamic input sensitivity it's a lot harder to control those dynamics with a super heavy pick. So I tried the Herco Flex 75 and there it was - all of the dynamic content I was missing using the thick V-Picks was there. The Hercos are thick enough at the grip surface that I can relax my hand, rigid enough to pick fast and not have it feel like it's lagging at all, and soft enough to be able to back off for more delicate stuff.

                            Comment








                            • Quote Originally Posted by reverberlayed
                              View Post





                              Haven't looked back since making the switch.




                              Me too. Plus playing with anything else feels like I'm using a dinner plate.
                              Great Transactions: Vintage Clubber(2), deadllama, bnelly428, jcp42877(2), Aaron SS(2), Timmylikedthing, mikeyElite, Tone Meister, lespaulraider,solewheelin, randel_07, jhamnett, RoboPimp, twotimingpete, Last Nerve, jcm800stratman, d4rk0

                              Comment








                              • Quote Originally Posted by reverberlayed
                                View Post





                                Haven't looked back since making the switch.




                                Me too. Plus playing with anything else feels like I'm using a dinner plate.
                                Great Transactions: Vintage Clubber(2), deadllama, bnelly428, jcp42877(2), Aaron SS(2), Timmylikedthing, mikeyElite, Tone Meister, lespaulraider,solewheelin, randel_07, jhamnett, RoboPimp, twotimingpete, Last Nerve, jcm800stratman, d4rk0

                                Comment



                                Working...
                                X