Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by Silversound
    View Post

+1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Faith ruled the Dark Ages."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Silversound
      View Post

+1
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Faith ruled the Dark Ages."

Comment

.60 tortex for me as well.
        Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

.60 tortex for me as well.
          Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones
            View Post

Jazz III for electric (though I want to try the Carbon fibre version)

Fender Medium for Acoustic

I've used the Jazz III picks for a couple years and switched to the carbon fibre ones several months ago and they're fantastic. They have a really nice grip texture that all but eliminates (for me) any slipping or twisting. If you already like the standard Jazz III's give em a try...you won't be disappointed.
            Faith precedes comprehension.: Norcal_GIT_r, vintage clubber, delayed delay(2x), PunkRocker33133, easyliver, Leisure Lee, meowy, TheCardiacKid, Mdsmithii, coryaedwards, finnster, ibanez_dude, Aaron SS, theguitarist182, Crxsh, johnnyunitas, t-rey, DSmithGuitars: 62 CIJ Strat, 82 Carvin DC200K, Tak EF350MCAmps: Egnater Tweaker, Crate V3112, VOX DA5Pedals: SHOD, Timmy, Nova Delay, DLS, HoofSale/trade: GFS trem block, Small Clone, Malekko Trem, Hoof Fuzz, TU-3

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones
              View Post

Jazz III for electric (though I want to try the Carbon fibre version)

Fender Medium for Acoustic

I've used the Jazz III picks for a couple years and switched to the carbon fibre ones several months ago and they're fantastic. They have a really nice grip texture that all but eliminates (for me) any slipping or twisting. If you already like the standard Jazz III's give em a try...you won't be disappointed.
              Faith precedes comprehension.: Norcal_GIT_r, vintage clubber, delayed delay(2x), PunkRocker33133, easyliver, Leisure Lee, meowy, TheCardiacKid, Mdsmithii, coryaedwards, finnster, ibanez_dude, Aaron SS, theguitarist182, Crxsh, johnnyunitas, t-rey, DSmithGuitars: 62 CIJ Strat, 82 Carvin DC200K, Tak EF350MCAmps: Egnater Tweaker, Crate V3112, VOX DA5Pedals: SHOD, Timmy, Nova Delay, DLS, HoofSale/trade: GFS trem block, Small Clone, Malekko Trem, Hoof Fuzz, TU-3

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe
                View Post

What pics do you use/recommend?

For years I've used these:

and I've been pretty happy. However, this week I decided to try something new and a little thicker, so I grabbed a handful of these from my store:

I got some of the regular shape and a couple of the "sharp" variety. So far I like the change. A little stiffer while still allowing a good amount of flex. Now my tortex pics feel kinda thin by comparison.

What do you use?

I used to use the Clayton picks (the white ones) but a couple of years ago I switched to the Ultex and haven't looked back.

For guitar I uses the sharp 1.14 and 1.42's depending on the guitar I'm using and the string gauge. For bass I use the sharp 2.0.
                "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues" - Elizabeth Taylor

Originally Posted by Shane Marley

Yeah, I guess I hate women...

Originally Posted by thefyn

I SO STUPID!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe
                  View Post

What pics do you use/recommend?

For years I've used these:

and I've been pretty happy. However, this week I decided to try something new and a little thicker, so I grabbed a handful of these from my store:

I got some of the regular shape and a couple of the "sharp" variety. So far I like the change. A little stiffer while still allowing a good amount of flex. Now my tortex pics feel kinda thin by comparison.

What do you use?

I used to use the Clayton picks (the white ones) but a couple of years ago I switched to the Ultex and haven't looked back.

For guitar I uses the sharp 1.14 and 1.42's depending on the guitar I'm using and the string gauge. For bass I use the sharp 2.0.
                  "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues" - Elizabeth Taylor

Originally Posted by Shane Marley

Yeah, I guess I hate women...

Originally Posted by thefyn

I SO STUPID!

Comment

Herco Flex 75s FTMFW.

Comment

Herco Flex 75s FTMFW.

Comment

Dunlop nylons in 0.73 and 0.88mm.

I used to use the big trianguar Gibson picks in Medium for electric & heavy for acoustic, but the nylon are better for rhythm work.
                        http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

http://photoxon.blogspot.co.uk/ My photography blog

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

Dunlop nylons in 0.73 and 0.88mm.

I used to use the big trianguar Gibson picks in Medium for electric & heavy for acoustic, but the nylon are better for rhythm work.
                          http://tertl.blogspot.com - The Blog of the Ancient Mariner

http://photoxon.blogspot.co.uk/ My photography blog

WTB Emi Ramrod

Dirty 30 AC30 Crew

Good deals with Darxcide, MetalheadUK, Farmer Geddon, Lanefair, Chris006, ChrisB, Zoidberg, Uncle Psychosis, Krashpad, Loobs, stevemcb, Prauny, Benecol, Muttz, axis player, Ratae Coritanorum.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I use the smaller jazz picks of these ^
                                Good deals with: manfrommars, loosegroove, cavitation, sxyryan, enjoyadrian, decode6

Comment

Working...
                                X