FX Loop loud humming/Channel popping

Nathanisking

• Members

Hi guys I could really use some input here,

I just got an EVH 5150 III 50 watt and it is a fantastic amp. However an issue has arisen today that is bothering me.

I had my pedal board all setup (unchanged for over 1 year) all plugged in with a Carbon Copy in the loop. I put the amp on, waited then put in on stand by. I stomped on the footswtich from green to blue and BOOM loud popping noise. All channels are doing this.

So I go straight into the amp with guitar, and its fine. Then I just run the pedals up front (Wah/Phaser/Flanger) no popping. Then I just run the FX Loop, no popping however when I engage the FX loop on the footswitch, Massive hum on all channels.

I tested all the pedals up front individually no channel popping or hum
If I put one pedal in the FX loop with no pedals up front, massive hum but no channel popping.

I don't understand what is happening, the amp was working fine a couple weeks ago, and now all these issues? this is my current layout:

Guitar ---Wah---Phaser---Flanger Carbon Copy in FX Loop
all connected with DC Brick

All advice is welcome
EDIT: The humming is from the florescent lights in my basement; however all the pedals are hooked up and the channel popping still happens

• Members

Well the humming was from my basement lights so the humming is out of the question

Things I've determined:

-Plug all the pedals in the DC Brick and run them in front of the amp, no channel popping but the pedals do pop when engaged

-Plug all the pedals in the DC Brick and run them in the loop, no channel popping but the pedals do pop when engaged

-If I have my Wah, Phaser and Flanger plugged into the DC brick and the Carbon Copy into the loop with a battery, no channel popping but the pedals in connected to the DC brick to pop, not loudly but it is noticeable

Would switching to a Voodoo Lab power supply help maybe plugging all the pedals into the DC brick since it doesn't have isolated ports?

• Members

Well the humming was from my basement lights so the humming is out of the question

Things I've determined:

-Plug all the pedals in the DC Brick and run them in front of the amp, no channel popping but the pedals do pop when engaged

-Plug all the pedals in the DC Brick and run them in the loop, no channel popping but the pedals do pop when engaged

-If I have my Wah, Phaser and Flanger plugged into the DC brick and the Carbon Copy into the loop with a battery, no channel popping but the pedals in connected to the DC brick to pop, not loudly but it is noticeable

Would switching to a Voodoo Lab power supply help maybe plugging all the pedals into the DC brick since it doesn't have isolated ports?

Archived