Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Should I get this audio interface?

Someone is selling a used Roland Quad Capture for a decent price. I have had good experiences with Boss and Roland products in general, and it seems to have everything I need. The only thing that kind of gives me a pause is the lack of a physical volume control for headphones. Over in Pro Reviews, its big brother the Octa Capture has been received well.

Your opinions would be appreciated!
    "Me and a book is a party. Me and a book and a cup of coffee is an orgy."
    - Robert Fripp

looks fine to me. i wouldn't worry about the headphones volume. how much?
    YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

- Robert Fripp

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

- Robert Fripp

Comment

so like $170. doesnt seem too bad it'll definitely be solid

Comment

so like $170. doesnt seem too bad it'll definitely be solid

Comment

I've never tried one personally so I can't speak to it directly, but in looking at it, it seems to have a pretty reasonable feature set. The price seems more than reasonable too, as long as everything works properly. The ground lift switch is an interesting and useful idea. I also like the MIDI and S/PDIF I/O - you could add an external S/PDIF A/D - D/A converter or mic preamp and expand to four channels of I/O if you ever wanted to be able to do basic drum tracking or needed to reamp stuff or record more than one or two things simultaneously. It also appears to support Low Latency monitoring via that input / playback mix knob.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I've never tried one personally so I can't speak to it directly, but in looking at it, it seems to have a pretty reasonable feature set. The price seems more than reasonable too, as long as everything works properly. The ground lift switch is an interesting and useful idea. I also like the MIDI and S/PDIF I/O - you could add an external S/PDIF A/D - D/A converter or mic preamp and expand to four channels of I/O if you ever wanted to be able to do basic drum tracking or needed to reamp stuff or record more than one or two things simultaneously. It also appears to support Low Latency monitoring via that input / playback mix knob.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

the master of audio interfaces has spoken

YMMV

Comment

the master of audio interfaces has spoken

YMMV

Comment

Thanks maca and Phil!
                        - Robert Fripp

Comment

Working...
                        X