OT: Should I get this audio interface?

Zetor

• Members
85383_l.jpg

Someone is selling a used Roland Quad Capture for a decent price. I have had good experiences with Boss and Roland products in general, and it seems to have everything I need. The only thing that kind of gives me a pause is the lack of a physical volume control for headphones. Over in Pro Reviews, its big brother the Octa Capture has been received well.

Your opinions would be appreciated!

I've never tried one personally so I can't speak to it directly, but in looking at it, it seems to have a pretty reasonable feature set. The price seems more than reasonable too, as long as everything works properly. The ground lift switch is an interesting and useful idea. I also like the MIDI and S/PDIF I/O - you could add an external S/PDIF A/D - D/A converter or mic preamp and expand to four channels of I/O if you ever wanted to be able to do basic drum tracking or needed to reamp stuff or record more than one or two things simultaneously. It also appears to support Low Latency monitoring via that input / playback mix knob.

I've never tried one personally so I can't speak to it directly, but in looking at it, it seems to have a pretty reasonable feature set. The price seems more than reasonable too, as long as everything works properly. The ground lift switch is an interesting and useful idea. I also like the MIDI and S/PDIF I/O - you could add an external S/PDIF A/D - D/A converter or mic preamp and expand to four channels of I/O if you ever wanted to be able to do basic drum tracking or needed to reamp stuff or record more than one or two things simultaneously. It also appears to support Low Latency monitoring via that input / playback mix knob.

Archived