Metal Distrotion

dmhi11

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jisatsu

View Post

A Mesa dual rectifier or a peavey 5150 will do the trick

This. Or for a little less money, I'm sure a single rectifier, maybe with whatever dirt pedal you already have, will SOUND a lot better than ANY silly pedalidn_smilie.gif

• Members

I have both of these:

Okko_Dominator_Overdrive-12140-MAIN-1__2

EMMAPY-1Big.jpg

They both are low noise. The Dominator is really good and its EQ is extremely versatile, especially the midrange knob and the mids switch. The Pisdiyauwot is just as good but is voiced differently with more highs. Actually the Emma has a wider gain range and I use it not only for high gain but also for low gain sounds, it produces a chimey overdrive at low gain with the right EQ (!). I have also used them together on at the same time for an interesting blend, that sound is still relatively noise free. The Okko sounds really good boosted with a treble booster for a midrange heavy lead tone also. I have not used them at a gig so at high volume they might not work.

• Members

I've got one of these arriving Tuesday. Cannot phucking wait!

dagda-d3fd710b11a1e3e56397f4ad8849c692_z

Notice anything wrong with that pedal?

The switches are not labeled. One is for off/on, the other is for Boost. And why aren't the LED's above the switches?

BTW, I've run across a number of peeps who pronounce Wampler as Wham-plur. It's supposed to be Whom-plur, FYI.

• Members

Had the Pisdi and Dominator. Spent a bunch of time with the Openhaus. I've spent time with plenty of other high-gain pedals, but those are the best for metal that I have tried.

They all sound good. They're all worth a gander. Two things:

1) A Riot + EQ can outperform the Okko; just better mid content

2) Nothing will really be able to simulate the weight and "thud" of a 4x12 can. One of these pedals, into a Fender clean, into a 4x12 should get you there. Into an open back 1x12 pine cabinet? Naw.

5150s can be had cheap but they sound like {censored} unmodded.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Minning Around

View Post

0:17 Fail

Gibson has nothing to do with it. It's humbuckers that have the sound, not Gibson.facepalm.gif

In case anyone hasn't heard, there are more guitars out there than Fender and Gibson.

No, listen to Toki Wartooth, it's Gibsons thats these best guitar in worlds

• Members

I have the Triple Wreck, Barber Dirty Bomb and Boss Metal Zone. Metal zone was a 20 dollar buy that I keep around for rare occasions when I want that sound. There is a hundred dollar difference between the Dirty Bomb and Triple Wreck. The ditry bomb is a great sounding pedal with a 3 way switch for the mid control and an internal trim pot to control the tightness of the low end which is very useful . The triple wreck has alittle more gain (not really needed Imo), a boost built in, and is a little more twewkable. Both are great pedals it just depends on your budget.

Archived