Whammy and other pitchshift madness

JorisBlack

• Members

Damn, I can't believe it's up to version 5 now!!! LOL I had the Whammy 2 back in the day when I was playing guitar and absolutely LOVED it...I'm obv iously not familiar with the version 5 but I never had a bad experience with 2....actually cuz it's so much fun I think it's impossible to have a bad experience with it!!! LOL

• Members

Damn, I can't believe it's up to version 5 now!!! LOL I had the Whammy 2 back in the day when I was playing guitar and absolutely LOVED it...I'm obv iously not familiar with the version 5 but I never had a bad experience with 2....actually cuz it's so much fun I think it's impossible to have a bad experience with it!!! LOL

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chevybusa

View Post

I bought a Whammy II brand new back in the 90's. The 5 is everything I had wished for back when I had the II.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chevybusa

View Post

I bought a Whammy II brand new back in the 90's. The 5 is everything I had wished for back when I had the II.

• Members

I've yet to hear anything but total praise for the Whammy V. It seems to have essentially everything: True Bypass, Standard 9v DC power, and glitch-free, polyphonic tracking that's, by all accounts, ahead of everything else out there right now. I'd leap for that since there doesn't seem to be a real contender out there right now.

• Members

I've yet to hear anything but total praise for the Whammy V. It seems to have essentially everything: True Bypass, Standard 9v DC power, and glitch-free, polyphonic tracking that's, by all accounts, ahead of everything else out there right now. I'd leap for that since there doesn't seem to be a real contender out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau

View Post

yeah the Whammy V is amazing, I also use the Boss PS-6, together it's a great combo.

Both are solid pedals. I think the Whammy is probably the better of the two overall (polyphonic pitch shifting FTW), but the PS-6 is a big improvement over the older PS-5, and certainly no slouch either. I also like the dual note capabilities of the PS-6, especially for detune / chorusing.

If you do get a Whammy 5, make sure you also check out the Molten Voltage Molten MIDI 5.

In case anyone's interested, here's the links to my Whammy 5 and PS-6 reviews.

Whammy 5:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-2567

PS-6:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-1756

wave.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau

View Post

yeah the Whammy V is amazing, I also use the Boss PS-6, together it's a great combo.

Both are solid pedals. I think the Whammy is probably the better of the two overall (polyphonic pitch shifting FTW), but the PS-6 is a big improvement over the older PS-5, and certainly no slouch either. I also like the dual note capabilities of the PS-6, especially for detune / chorusing.

If you do get a Whammy 5, make sure you also check out the Molten Voltage Molten MIDI 5.

In case anyone's interested, here's the links to my Whammy 5 and PS-6 reviews.

Whammy 5:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-2567

PS-6:

http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-1756

wave.gif

• Members

At first I was able to justify not getting the V because I use my Molten MIDI with my whammy IV. But recently, as Phil just mentioned, Molten Voltage came out with one for the V, so that argument is gone.

I haven't seen anything bad said about the new whammy. Is it really that much better than the IV?

• Members

At first I was able to justify not getting the V because I use my Molten MIDI with my whammy IV. But recently, as Phil just mentioned, Molten Voltage came out with one for the V, so that argument is gone.

I haven't seen anything bad said about the new whammy. Is it really that much better than the IV?

Quote Originally Posted by majafa

View Post

It will do everything the 4 can, and a lot more. If you're a heavy Whammy user, it's an upgrade that is well worth considering. At least go and give one a try the next time you're near a music store.

View Post

It will do everything the 4 can, and a lot more. If you're a heavy Whammy user, it's an upgrade that is well worth considering. At least go and give one a try the next time you're near a music store.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

You've convinced me to give the new one a go next time I'm out and about at a shop. Part of me hopes I feel it's not worth the upgrade so I don't spend all my pedal money on whammys. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

View Post

You've convinced me to give the new one a go next time I'm out and about at a shop. Part of me hopes I feel it's not worth the upgrade so I don't spend all my pedal money on whammys. icon_lol.gif

Only you can decide if the new stuff is worth the upgrade. I suspect you could recoup a good amount of the cost by selling your Whammy 4 and Molten MIDI 2... but whatever you decide, I'll be surprised if you don't find that you think it's the best Whammy yet. I certainly do. And yes, size and used prices aside, that includes the original. smile.gif

Only you can decide if the new stuff is worth the upgrade. I suspect you could recoup a good amount of the cost by selling your Whammy 4 and Molten MIDI 2... but whatever you decide, I'll be surprised if you don't find that you think it's the best Whammy yet. I certainly do. And yes, size and used prices aside, that includes the original. smile.gif

• Members

View Post

the chord mode is such a massive upgrade that it alone was a no brainer for me.

• Members

View Post

the chord mode is such a massive upgrade that it alone was a no brainer for me.

Archived