Bought a new case, and it stinks to high heaven. Any ways to get rid of the stink?

hooya

• Members

My first mistake may have been buying an SKB case in the first place, but it's the perfect size for my DIY pedalboard, and it was cheap.

But it smells just awful. This dusty chemical like smell. The really odd thing is the dustiness of the smell.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it not reek so badly?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein View Post
What case and what are the dimensions of your board not to change the subject? Also...pour whiskey on it.
Hopefully I'll get a gig playing guitar again some day and the singer can naturally spill some on the case for me.

This is the case:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SKBSC2709

The pedalboard itself is a piece of wood. BOTB DIY category winner this year. :-)
BOTB2012.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moustache_Bash View Post
I get something to prop it open, just barely open, and burn a stick of incense inside of it. It has gotten rid of the stank for me 100% of the time.
Found we did have some Febreeze around. We don't use dryer sheets otherwise I would have tried that. Don't think I have any incense lying around, but that sounds like a great idea! I hate the smell of Febreeze but I hate the smell of this case more, so I'm trying that for now. We'll see how it sinks in the morning.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Van_Muddlestein View Post
What case and what are the dimensions of your board not to change the subject? Also...pour whiskey on it.
Hopefully I'll get a gig playing guitar again some day and the singer can naturally spill some on the case for me.

This is the case:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SKBSC2709

The pedalboard itself is a piece of wood. BOTB DIY category winner this year. :-)
BOTB2012.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moustache_Bash View Post
I get something to prop it open, just barely open, and burn a stick of incense inside of it. It has gotten rid of the stank for me 100% of the time.
Found we did have some Febreeze around. We don't use dryer sheets otherwise I would have tried that. Don't think I have any incense lying around, but that sounds like a great idea! I hate the smell of Febreeze but I hate the smell of this case more, so I'm trying that for now. We'll see how it sinks in the morning.

Archived