OT: How many websites does your band have?

npfrs

• Members

Hey all,

I know it's a little off-topic but for those of you who play in bands and manage things yourself (or help in some way, etc) I was curious how many websites your bad uses and what are they? I sat down to revamp my various social media et al sites to give them a consistent look and realized I used a LOT more than I thought. I mean they aren't all priority or anything like that and some of them are directly controlled, but rather monitored. Here's the list I came up with:

• Official Website
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr
  • MySpace
  • Sonicbids
  • PledgeMusic
  • Bandcamp
  • Songkick
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Last.FM
  • iTunes (as well as others, but mainly this)
  • Etsy
  • Instagram
  • Mailchimp (for my mailing list)
  • CBC Music (since I'm Canadian)
  • MusicNS (since I'm in Nova Scotia)
  • Soundcloud

I know there will likely be a bunch of responses like "Get of the computer and write some music." Fairplay. I already did and continue to do so but since I'm managing myself I need to do all the other stuff too. This is also what I do full-time.

Looking forward to hearing some of your thoughts on what's useful, what's not, what you use that's on or off the above list, and how you utilize different sites to help get your music out there.

Cheers! thumb.gif

• Members

Mainly our own website and Facebook for us. Website for all news, music and video streaming, orders etc, and we use Facebook to link to that and interact with our fans on there. Our drummer made sure we have a presence on pretty much every music/band/social media site, mainly to make sure we're easy to find and no one takes our name icon_lol.gif not sure why they would.

• Members

I can't even keep track of how many media sites Leaves Russell is on. Every time a new one pops I just copy and paste all the general information with links to our official website.

The only {censored} we maintain is:

Official Website

Reverbnation

Facebook

Bandcamp

Tunecore

Cool thing about reverbnation is you can set it to repost any of your updates to your facebook, twitter, myspace, etc. Makes things a lot easier. We also use reverbnation widgets on our official site for things like show calendars. Makes things a lot easier to manage when I only have to update one website.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nomenclature

View Post

etsy? are you knitting tea cosies with your band name on them?

I've had one for a long time. It's one of the sites that's rarely, if ever, used. I have a BFA in visual art, so it's not uncommon to silk-screen limited edition releases or posters or even matte/frame photos taken while out on the road. I have a postcard series I made from various Canadian/European tours as well. It's sorta like Instagram in that in it's half personal and half band.

Website = static with main contact info or recent video

Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr = Constant updating but each one can update the other

Songkick = Updates show listings and automatically send it to YouTube, Bandcamp, PledgeMusic, Facebook, Twitter

Bandcamp, iTunes = Sell music

PledgeMusic = For unique project people can get involved in

YouTube, Vimeo = Video, obviously. Less concerned with Vimeo these days unless it's for an EPK and I want hi-def

Sonicbids = Strictly industry

Soundcloud, Last.FM = Setting up a Soundcloud now, Last.FM I just monitor to see what users are saying, lots of comments from UK

Etsy, Instagram = As stated above

Mailchimp = Mailing list

CBC Music, MusicNS = Specific profile sites that I wish were more integrated with other media but unfortunately aren't; semi-required though.

MySpace= I think 2013 is the year it gets the axe

Archived