NFL rookie of the year

bluehuricane

• Members

I don't think RG3 is gonna have a very long career. He is gonna get battered to {censored} if he keeps playing / moving around the way he does.

Good job Seahawks... You definitely should have had more points on the board but overall good game to watch while visiting Seattle.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hangwire

View Post

Why is Randall Cunningham called rg3 now?

Different type of player. Cunningham was taller, more prototypical QB height. And he had loads of accuracy issues he had to fix early in his career. RG3 is much more of a developed passer, but is smaller, less than ideal QB size. Plus, the offensive systems they're running are very different.

To answer the OP, I'd vote RG3. But Morris and Luck would be good choices too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake

View Post

I don't think RG3 is gonna have a very long career. He is gonna get battered to {censored} if he keeps playing / moving around the way he does.

Good job Seahawks... You definitely should have had more points on the board but overall good game to watch while visiting Seattle.

Shannahan will run RGIII and Morris into the ground. He's notorious for shortening the careers of his RB's by giving them ridiculous amounts of carries during the season.

RGIII's best hope is to develop into a proficient pocket passer than can run when needed, ala McNabb in his prime.

• Members

Oh yeah, Rookie of the year is really hard this year.

I'd probably say RGIII will get it though.

It's a really tough call, RGIII got lucky that Morris is great, Luck has a great O-line and Reggie Wayne, but no run game really.

I do like Russel Wilson better than both of them though to be honest

• Members

I will actually send my homer vote to Trent Richardson, who played week 6 to week 16 with broken ribs and has to sleep sitting up right now. And he did it while having an idiot of a head coach run him straight into the teeth of the defense.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

russell wilson aint {censored}. seahawks D is winning him games and will win him the RotY if he gets it

Um, Russell Wilson tied Peyton Manning's record for rookie TDs (26) while throwing 18 fewer interceptions (10 as opposed to 28). How is that on the Seahawks D?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jnichols2727

View Post

Luck should win it based on the fact that the Colts went from a 2 win team to an 11 win team with basically the same roster with the exception of one person, Andrew Luck.

There were a few more additions, mostly rookies as well. T.Y. "Don't call me Ty" Hilton has developed into a legitimate deep threat, and a good compliment to Reggie Wayne and Donnie Avery. Plus, Vick Ballard has actually come on to become a pretty solid back towards the second half of the season. He racked up a little over 90 yards against the Ravens yesterday. But that being said, it is a toss up really between RG3, Luck, and Wilson. All three of them took teams who struggled last year into the playoffs. If it's for regular season, it'd probably go to RG3 based on the fact that the skins won the division. But seeing as how Wilson is now the only rookie QB left in the playoffs (unless you wanna count Kaepernick), my vote would probably go his way.

Archived