Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY'ers: how long have you lurked/waited/loitered/check'd pawnshops

for that one, specific, impossiblt to find part?

I just scored 2, 8-pole National lapsteel pickup/bridge setups (must have been stripped from an old console model). I've been waiting for about 2 years, and I feel like I've been given the keys to the room next to the highschool girl's showers.

Sorry, but bitd I woulda killed for that.

...anyway....enough of my past.....how about yours?

Have you laid in wait for years? for just that pickup, just that chip, just that StarTrek Disc Gun?

Tell me abou tit.
    Blind Doc Jones' Pickles....Cures What Ails Ya'Good Deals with: Catalinbread, BR4D/MojoHand (via his retailers), sh333 (teh debbil)Not around much any more

no i usually just get ripped off.

Comment

I live in Michigan. The only thing you find in pawnshops here are Ibanez Gios, Boss Metal Zones, and Line 6 Spiders.
      Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

Maybe they cut Bin Laden open and found 14 million jobs inside of him

TRANSACTIONS WITH: JakeYanachek, StratAtak83, gener, Zlandicar, Inscho, TylerDurden24, cactuscool3r, coreopsisjay, GraceNotes, XanaduNEX, mfergel, mlabbee, hangwire, johnrambo, Small Stone, 6StrngStrangler, loomer415, EDS, thatmullingskid, TomCray , myTakamine, Sherwin, Belt, readymade, conky, sonaboy, cdawzrd, jackpotjewell, mcerreta, Overwhelmed987, thefragile103, zachary xxx, six acre lake

Comment

With the Internet, most pawnshops charge/list an item for list price or what they go for a their highest on eBay.

I don't think I've seen any parts (of worth or interest) in a pawn shop, but if I do, it's usually over priced
        Decolonize

Comment

congrats man!
          For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

in the 90's I use to spend saturdays combing the pawnshops downtown, scored pretty much any type of gear imaginable. the pre interent days were great for that, there's still some deals out there.
            great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

if i'm fiending hard enough for something i'll just go out and buy it for whatever price. if its something i want and want to get a good deal on it i do it the 21st century way and just subscribe to some RSS feeds on ebay and CL and what not and wait for something to come up. much easier than loitering at pawnshops every day
              YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

The only times I get great deals are really low BIN's on ebay or used.gc. I've noticed I get mileage out of actually playing the guitar and working on my stage moves.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Reauchambeau
                  View Post

in the 90's I use to spend saturdays combing the pawnshops downtown, scored pretty much any type of gear imaginable. the pre interent days were great for that, there's still some deals out there.

yup, i did it in Japan (lol) until about 2003/4..then they went up, and now the prices are coming down...

man, i remember bargain boxes full of $20 pedals, like guyatone and other mij lovelies. you know i bought em.

The store owners thought I was nuts like "why dont u want the US made stuff" ha.

I got to experiment alot, nowadays Im more satisfied...
                  OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

Pawnshops still give up the good stuff. I've scored A LOT of killer stuff the last 7 yrs. Even with the internet, the clerks/Mgrs. are still TOO lazy to try to right the right value of the gear they get. I score a lot of their misfires. My last 2 in the last 3 months were a 2011 PRS SE 245 in 9 1/2/10 condition for $236+ tax. I also scored '96 Larrivee D-05 w/ OHSC for $207 +tax. Here are my greatest scores in the last 7 yrs.

Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk II head $250

'74 Fender Jazz Bass Sunburst w/gigbag $64.64

'66 Fender Black P-Bass w/ OHSC $140.71

'79 Fender Butterscotch P-Bass w/ OHSC $260

'79 Fender Black P-Bass $ 180
                    My Amps & Guitars:
                    The Bassmen: Proud Fender Bassman Player
                    Fender Blackface Fraternity Lifetime Member

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Comment

And INSTANTLY everyone hates skipstar59.
                      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven
                        View Post

And INSTANTLY everyone hates skipstar59.

My Amps & Guitars:

Comment

Those are some insane prices, did you know the year/model before purchase? Was major work needed on them? '74 Jazz for $65 is amazing.
                          For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

I can lie on the internet too.
                            good deals with: nearly everyone.
                            Previous Moniker tiles: JoshuaTSP, Science! & GAS KING

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls
                              View Post

Those are some insane prices, did you know the year/model before purchase? Was major work needed on them? '74 Jazz for $65 is amazing.

I wasn't sure of the age,but I knew it was older than '75 cause the serial number was on the neck plate. I even tried them to come down off the $59.99 they were asking,but they wouldn't budge cause it had just come out. I said I'd pay full price and they were happy they didn't have to discount. No major work was really need on any of these scores but intonation,setting up the action and some lite fret leveling.
                              My Amps & Guitars:

Comment

Working...
                              X