yay! i got ableton.

OrangeLazarus

• Members

Get a drum program like ezdrummer or superior drummer. Make a drum track which is just kick, snare, hi hat, whatever else you use for a basic drum beat. Hit "fold" so now those are the only bars shown, save it in the clip view as your "starter" beat from which you can build off. Now make that your default project. Saves a lot of time,

• Members

Spend a lot of time learning it. Theres so many unique things it can do. When I got it I learned the basics and jumped in. Now I can hardly ever motivate myself to learn anymore of it. I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot.

Hugbot Im going to try your advice. I would love to hear more tips from Ableton users on the forum.

• Members

man, i'm quite good with computers, but when i picked up a Novation sl25 mk2 midi keyboard, it came with ableton. ableton itself wasn't too too complicated, but trying to get it to work right with the keyboard and the Automap software it came with (that is supposed to make everything easy and work right off the bat) was way too much for me to figure out fully. so i gave up. and just use it as a plain midi keyboard into garageband or B4 organ {censored}

Archived