Boss power supply rehouse

Reauchambeau

• Members

got sick of fixing mine all the time, so I rehoused the sumbitch.
this one's a PSA-120, my next one will be an odschool ACA.

started as a busted one of these

photo1_zpse5563761.jpg

soldered some new leads to the AC receptacle, reattatched the DC lead, stuffed it into a Hammond box

photo3_zpsc5656b43.jpg

the AC receptacle looks stupid on top, but it will save pedalboard real estate, I have a right angle AC cable as well so it won't stick up in the air.
voila

photo2_zpsb37c43c4.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by k tone

View Post

That looks cool. If you move {censored} around you could put a footswitch on top to power off your board.

not a bad idea. I was thinking about putting a toggle switch with a big indicator light on it.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat

View Post

Nice.

thanks, it should be way more reliable, so I think it was worth it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by k tone

View Post

That looks cool. If you move {censored} around you could put a footswitch on top to power off your board.

not a bad idea. I was thinking about putting a toggle switch with a big indicator light on it.

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat

View Post

Nice.

thanks, it should be way more reliable, so I think it was worth it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

thats kick ass thumb.gif well done. though i've never had a boss psa fail on me idn_smilie.gif

the only problem I keep having with them is the cable fraying where it joins the housing, I have about 6 broken ones at home. I've repaired them numerous times, I guess I'm hard on my gear icon_lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by duncan

View Post

Looks fantastic!

thanks Duncan, your new rig is amazing thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by macadood

View Post

thats kick ass thumb.gif well done. though i've never had a boss psa fail on me idn_smilie.gif

the only problem I keep having with them is the cable fraying where it joins the housing, I have about 6 broken ones at home. I've repaired them numerous times, I guess I'm hard on my gear icon_lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by duncan

View Post

Looks fantastic!

thanks Duncan, your new rig is amazing thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by aj_guitarist

View Post

Looks great. It wouldn't it have been better to the input socket on the side? (just me i know!). That should last a lot longer then the normal wall-plug

thanks

I agree that it would look better on the side, only did it to save space (on the pedal board)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by aj_guitarist

View Post

Looks great. It wouldn't it have been better to the input socket on the side? (just me i know!). That should last a lot longer then the normal wall-plug

thanks

I agree that it would look better on the side, only did it to save space (on the pedal board)

Archived