I need an acne treatment that works fast.. help?

joecross

• Members

I have tried ProActiv, Wexler, Clinique, Cetephil, Clean & Clear, Benzoylclin, and Veltin.. and I am left helplessly red, irritated, dry and covered with pimples frown.gif.. I want to try something maybe in pill/ vitamin form.. But it has to treat my acne not prevent it. Plus, I have picture day on August 5th; so it needs to work fast.. idea.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some rainforest-dwelling tribes have been know to treat acne by smearing semen on their face and leaving it for about half an hour. Then they smoke-cleanse by burning wood and letting the smoke billow by their face. The mixture of sweat and smoke have some properties that act against the acne-causing sebaceous fluids.

• Members

Some rainforest-dwelling tribes have been know to treat acne by smearing semen on their face and leaving it for about half an hour. Then they smoke-cleanse by burning wood and letting the smoke billow by their face. The mixture of sweat and smoke have some properties that act against the acne-causing sebaceous fluids.

• Members

Obviously a joke thread, but that ProActiv system really did work great for me. Only problem is they keep sending it to you, whether you need it or not (it's a subscription) and I used a lot of the cleanser, and not much of the astringent.

The best thing is low-strength Benzoyl Peroxide (not the full strength 10% which does irritate a lot of people) but use like 2% if you can find it. And you apply it all over your face, a couple of hours before bed (not spot treatment, but all over your face, like a female would apply moisturizer). That is good for long-term prevention, without making your face red and flakey. If your skin is able to handle the 10%, then use the 10% that way (apply over a wide area, not just on specific pimples).

Check out the website Acne.org.

• Members

Obviously a joke thread, but that ProActiv system really did work great for me. Only problem is they keep sending it to you, whether you need it or not (it's a subscription) and I used a lot of the cleanser, and not much of the astringent.

The best thing is low-strength Benzoyl Peroxide (not the full strength 10% which does irritate a lot of people) but use like 2% if you can find it. And you apply it all over your face, a couple of hours before bed (not spot treatment, but all over your face, like a female would apply moisturizer). That is good for long-term prevention, without making your face red and flakey. If your skin is able to handle the 10%, then use the 10% that way (apply over a wide area, not just on specific pimples).

Check out the website Acne.org.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joecross

View Post

I have tried ProActiv, Wexler, Clinique, Cetephil, Clean & Clear, Benzoylclin, and Veltin.. and I am left helplessly red, irritated, dry and covered with pimples frown.gif.. I want to try something maybe in pill/ vitamin form.. But it has to treat my acne not prevent it. Plus, I have picture day on August 5th; so it needs to work fast.. idea.gif

What a great first post.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joecross

View Post

What a great first post.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat

View Post

accutane my friend. best years of your life ahead of you! relax we're all gonna get laid.

This. I had it when I was young and it was a very effective treatment, I never got acne after this! Don't get pregnant though, it wouldn't be good for you and your baby!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by King Rat

View Post

accutane my friend. best years of your life ahead of you! relax we're all gonna get laid.

This. I had it when I was young and it was a very effective treatment, I never got acne after this! Don't get pregnant though, it wouldn't be good for you and your baby!

Quote Originally Posted by K2000

View Post

The best thing is low-strength Benzoyl Peroxide (not the full strength 10% which does irritate a lot of people) but use like 2% if you can find it.

I remember when it first came out over the counter. It was 5% - you could only get 10% back then with a prescription. I never had really bad acne, and the 5% Benzoyl Peroxide worked well for me. Before that it was Clearasil, which was rather "meh."

Quote Originally Posted by K2000

View Post

The best thing is low-strength Benzoyl Peroxide (not the full strength 10% which does irritate a lot of people) but use like 2% if you can find it.

I remember when it first came out over the counter. It was 5% - you could only get 10% back then with a prescription. I never had really bad acne, and the 5% Benzoyl Peroxide worked well for me. Before that it was Clearasil, which was rather "meh."

Archived