EHX Hog uses

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHX Hog uses

hey guys,

I'm struggling to use my HOG in a band situation. I'm not in a post-rock band, more sort of like a 90s guitar band - that may be the problem - but I'm kind of determined to at least try using the HOG.

Does anyone have any cool uses of the HOG they can chime in on, maybe some cool videos?

It probably is user incompetence though..
    Great deals with: brandnewzo, DylanWilde

general octave work. Do you have the preset controller? When I had the HOG I had a preset that was just a filter sound and I used the exp. to control the frequency - like a synth filter.

Maybe freezing a note/chord. Do you play using gain/dirt?
    Decolonize

Comment

general octave work. Do you have the preset controller? When I had the HOG I had a preset that was just a filter sound and I used the exp. to control the frequency - like a synth filter.

Maybe freezing a note/chord. Do you play using gain/dirt?
      Decolonize

Comment

Don't have the controller, I should have got one a while back.. I think they're sold out now?

Yeah I do, almost to the point of saturation sometimes but I have a tendency to do that octave fuzz stuff which I feel is overdone nowadays.

But that seems like a good idea, I've got an expression pedal.

Comment

Don't have the controller, I should have got one a while back.. I think they're sold out now?

Yeah I do, almost to the point of saturation sometimes but I have a tendency to do that octave fuzz stuff which I feel is overdone nowadays.

But that seems like a good idea, I've got an expression pedal.

Comment

They're really good for not focusing on playing guitar. I don't understand the mentality of trying to add effects without a need for those effects.
            Dead Soldiers

Comment

They're really good for not focusing on playing guitar. I don't understand the mentality of trying to add effects without a need for those effects.
              Dead Soldiers

Comment

Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Comment

Word.

If I can't use it live/in the context of a song without forcing it, I have no need for it. That's why I don't ha e any fingers or chorus or hah. I can't use that **************** without forcing it.

Now a phaser or vibrato, I could...
                    Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

Word.

If I can't use it live/in the context of a song without forcing it, I have no need for it. That's why I don't ha e any fingers or chorus or hah. I can't use that **************** without forcing it.

Now a phaser or vibrato, I could...
                      Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

Organ imitations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vhsy9lBT1w

youtube
                        soundclick

Deals: Tron Murphy, hangwire, renula, AimmarCair, Urinate Forever, ck3

Comment

I love my HOG, and my POG2 (different boards). I find uses for them with my bassoon all the time. You, however, don't sound like the kind of guy that will get much use of it. A microPOG is sufficient for you, if you need anything like that at all. Octave fuzz at most I think.

But see, octave fuzz is not something I get much use out of, so it's a different strokes thing.

I play amplified/electric bassoon. Everything you see me post about remember I'm not using my gear with guitar pretty much ever.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake
                            View Post

I'm determined to use this band-saw to unplug my alarm clock.
                            Dead Soldiers

Comment

Try using the gliss mode, but only use the 'original' voice. Turn all the other voices down, including the dry output. Set the filter with the frequency at 5 and the resonance at 0. Place a fuzz pedal after it in the chain. Spend some time really getting the feel of the expression pedal and the timing.

Comment

Working...
                              X